Edinburgh Marathon

7,661 to 7,680 of 8,199 messages
28/07/2012 at 21:39

Bloody hell Dave, must have been a good one.

Congrats Caz and Mr CS on the 10 years. And on the Parkrun.

Phil, not too bothered about weather in Florida but definitely don't want rain and gales in Wales in October.

Only got to run 3 times this week but managed 2 10s and  then a 15 today so getting a few miles in.

29/07/2012 at 22:56

Nice one GE, have 2 days off with an 11 tomorrow and a fifteen for Tue, keep fit mate 

29/07/2012 at 23:16

Doing my best Phil, but can't believe my daughter's using this broken ankle business as an excuse for neglecting the housework.Would you believe I had to hoover today. Didn't seem to be working too well and then she tells me you have to plug it in....

29/07/2012 at 23:19
Wow GE, you must have electricity in the Midlands
29/07/2012 at 23:38

Apparently, although it appears we still have a steam iron...

31/07/2012 at 22:28

how do chaps!

Forgive me for not reading back... Hope everyone is cool? Running and cycling sporadically after Paris in April (yes, I know!). Mrs C and I have decided to do Brum half together this year in Oct and so her getting up at 6am to train while I chill is a real treat!

I just thought I would drop a post to say hello - hope you're all really well.

31/07/2012 at 22:40
Hello Adrian, nice to see you back here, bit quiet but to be expected with holidays and the Olympics, enjoy the shardenfreude moment

Got out yesterday for a 9 miler, felt quite good averaging 8:30 mm, on track ATM, however need to start putting linger distances in now for Snowdonia!!! Good luck for Brum, I'm sure Mrs C will do really well.
31/07/2012 at 23:08

Hi Adrian, good to hear from you. Seriously considering Paris for 2013. Did the BBCHM again this year. Love that race! I'm doing Snowdonia with Phil and Fiona which I think is a week after Brum.  

03/08/2012 at 08:32

Morning All. Another Friday. Can't get enough of the Olympics at the moment... some top sport going on. Despite Paula having let me down, I'll be in London Town on Sunday to have a look at the marathon and take in some of the atmosphere.

Before that hoping to get in 16 miles tomorrow. Snowdon's 12 weeks away.

Happy running everyone. Have a great weekend.

03/08/2012 at 08:47
GE, 12 weeks which will disappear in a bloody heartbeat!! Have a great weekend mate, I am baby sitting Toby all weekend !!!
05/08/2012 at 11:36

Sky+ the womens triathlon yesterday as we were out for a little 15mile tootle whilst it was on...watched it last night and couldn't work out why Jenkins kept getting herself boxed in on the run...if she didn't have a final sprint why did she keep allowing herself to get trapped???  Easy for me to say I suppose...after all I was sat on the sofa with a nice cold bottle of lager watching it   Just watching the marathon now and am really glad I'm not down in Londonium...it's fair tippling down down there...

I've got to go for a abdominal & pelvic ultrasound...only somebody somewhere hasn't thought this through...the the abdominal advice leaflet "have nothing to eat or drink for 6 hours before your appointment" the pelvic leaflet "finish drinking 1ltr of water 1 hour before the appointment" Hmmmmm...think I'll go for the nothing to eat or drink as that's a damn sight easier than trying to hold onto 1ltr of water when the appointment time means nothing...

05/08/2012 at 11:40
Caz, good luck with that, goes without saying hope all is OK, what a day yesterday, must admit Jess Ennis and Mo Farah made me a little misty eyed, truly magnificent performances- proud to be a Brit today
06/08/2012 at 23:17

Caz, you're quite right it was tippling down and I was right underneath the tippling. Couldn't have been wetter if I'd jumped in the Thames. May have to reconsider my view that umbrellas are for wimps. But the sun came out later and I did eventually dry out. Met up with my running buddy from Romford and we wandered round Stratford and then watched Andy Murray on the big screen in Victoria Park. Home in time to watch the Mens 100 metres. Top weekend and even managed 16 miles on Saturday morning , Hope all is well.

Phil, totally agree. They were just awesome. Hope Mo can do the double with the 5000. Pity Jes has decided not to do the hurdles.

07/08/2012 at 12:36
GE, sounds like training is going very well mate, just got a 13 done during a rare quiet spell at work, strangely I am finding it harder to fit runs in now i am doing shift work as I rarely see more than a month ahead on the roster! But with less than 12 weeks before Snowdonia I need to get some plus 16s under my belt !!!
11/08/2012 at 15:04

Didn't do a long run this morning. Stayed in Brum after work and made the most of the unseasonal weather .... i.e. it was warm enough to stand outside with a beer and you weren't getting rained on. Probably had one too many Peronis.

So had a bit of a lie in this morning. Got a 10k off road race tonight at 6pm, the Stourbridge Stumble. Quite tough but I love Saturday races Got to dash back after though, Mo's on at 7.30! Did this race 3 years ago and was just over 51mins so hope to be quicker than that.

11/08/2012 at 23:16

48.53 so very happy and back in time to see Mo. What an amazing couple of weeks this has been and topped off with that 5k. Absolute quality.

13/08/2012 at 17:10

Hi guys!!! 'Tis I - the newbie.  Feel like I should ask if I can join your thread it's been so long.  But you seem like a nice friendly bunch so I'm sure you won't mind.....

Won't be joking about the newbie bit either.  Have yet to run since getting back on Saturday and only managed one run over the 2 weeks in Thailand.  Very poor effort.  Weather was incredibly hot and humid though so swam lots instead which was no hardship as we had our own pool.   Funnily enough the humidity actually made breathing in the heat easier then back home in the heat.  Well, that's what I'm putting it down to.  Shaun didn't agree - he struggled big time and could've wrung his pants out by the time we got back.  Ewwwww.....!!!!

Snowdon will be more about getting around me thinks.

Nice to hear from you Adrian.  Glad all OK.

Well done on all the other running and training going on guys.  Congrats on the 10 years Caz and Bru. 

Gutted that I missed the Olympics by going away - but with hindsight, think it was just as well.  I seriously would not have got anything done if I had been home and Shaun would probably have sacked me by now.  Since being back in the UK I have not moved off the settee.  Did watch bits and pieces abroad though and caught up on the main stories on the internet.  Truely a wonderful games.  Cannot be prouder to be British at the moment. 

Take care all x

13/08/2012 at 17:13

........for clarification......when I mentioned Shaun struggling and wringing out his pants by the time we got back - obviously I mean back from the run, not back from holiday. 

.......he's fully trained now and changes his pants every day - not every two weeks.

Honest

17/08/2012 at 08:01

Welcome back, Fi. I'm sure the holiday will set you up great for the next few week's training. Have a 30k off road race in Derbyshire on Sunday which will hopefully help my prep. A friend of mine did the Salisbury 54321 last weekend which is 50k off road. Got me thinking about ultras a bit. Maybe next year....

Have a good weekend everyone.

18/08/2012 at 06:16
GE, good luck mate, Belper rugby rover?, if so I know Dave usually does this so may have some tips for you.

Got skyride in Brum on Sunday and hope to get photo with little Laura Trott of double olympics gold medal fame.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.