Edinburgh Marathon

7,761 to 7,780 of 8,199 messages
24/10/2012 at 20:36

Hi all

Just popping my head round the corner to say hello. Signed up this morning.

24/10/2012 at 22:50
Fi ,very happy to meet up and do registration together. Catch up with you and Phil Friday pm. Last run done and dusted. Just the packing to do. Bloody hell.

Hi Weedy, welcome. Recognise you from the Paris thread as I'm heading there next spring. This thread is inhabited by a small number of people who met up for Edi 2010 and have refused to let it die. We've added a few more maras to the list since then including Amsterdam last weekend and hopefully Snowdonia on Saturday. Not sure who's doing Edi 2013 but you're welcome to hang around and join in.
25/10/2012 at 08:45

Thanks Goldeagle. I was at Amsterdam at the weekend. Bagged a PB so I was chuffed to bits. How'd you get on? Looking forward to Paris next year.

25/10/2012 at 12:31

Weedy, well done on the PB. A couple of the other guys on the thread did Amsterdam. I'm doing Snowdonia on Saturday with Fiona and Philby. Beginning to wish I'd done Amsterdam....

mcs
25/10/2012 at 13:28

Brilliant run guys in Amsterday, Dave great story about getting lost there..... 

All the best to the Snowden runners enjoy and have fun if you can a mountain marathon!!

26/10/2012 at 11:47

I think me and DT2 are having a sub 2:30 smackdown in Edinburgh next year - anyone else?

Am soooooo jealous (not) of you guys doing Snowdon this weekend. My body just wouldn't comtemplate 26.2 on a mountain - ever!

I'm sure you will all have a good time though and if anyone smashes a PB I will eat Noah's sick stained bib!

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/355242/gallery/dsc02731.jpg?width=350

26/10/2012 at 11:48

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/355242/gallery/dsc02727.jpg?width=350

This was Jo's best attempt at a pic in Amsterdam. Now I know that us guys can shift a bit but really - is this the best I can expect!

26/10/2012 at 11:49

and finally - the heroes enjoy a beer!

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/355242/gallery/dsc02729.jpg?width=350

26/10/2012 at 13:24
Fab photos Dave..at least you're in the race one & you're in focus...when Mr CS used to just stand on the sidelines...we had some lovely photos of Scooby Doo, Captain America, Noddy & even the girl in the skimpy outfit...who wasn't me by the way. Photos of me consisted of a dot in the distance, my elbow, the person behind me or they were so out of focus you could only tell it was me by the colour of my top.

I'll see your sub 2:30 and raise you a sub 2 Dave...we are talking about the half right? I think if the running weather gods play nicely then Edinburgh is the course to get those elusive times.

Have checked the long range weather and race day in Las Vegas...highs of 20 degrees...sunshine with a smattering of cloud. Can't wait *bounce bounce bounce*
27/10/2012 at 16:46
Good luck to the Snowdonia mountaineering team for tomorrow on the 'undulating' course.
27/10/2012 at 17:35

good luck for tomorrow one and all. I'll be thinking of you - oh hang on - I've got a half marathon tomorrow

27/10/2012 at 17:47

It's today, not tomorrow... I've only just realised when I saw a sponsored advert on Facebook...clicked the link to be taken to S4C and when I looked at the listings for tomorrow it said "highlights of yesterdays race" meaning todays race...Oops!!

27/10/2012 at 18:53
Question for the 3 runners is, has Dave got to eat Noah's bib? pb anyone?
28/10/2012 at 07:09
I think the tele got it wrong. Surely we would have seen a report by now if it was yesterday?

I'm going to check - back in a mo
28/10/2012 at 07:11
Yep - it was the 27th!

Maybe they figure it's useful to have the Sunday to look for all the runners that don't make it?
28/10/2012 at 09:12

No text message from Fi, no updates on FB, nothing on here...do you think we should send out a search party?

28/10/2012 at 13:57

Just arrived home after a fantastic weekend in North Wales. Great company and an amazing marathon. That is a seriously hard race but we were so lucky that the weather was kind. Got round in 4:25:20 which I'm really pleased with. Then a few beers with the gang last night. Legs don't feel too bad today but don't think it's a race I'll do again. Weather was awful this morning (normal Snowdon Mara weather). Don't think I would have enjoyed that much.

Will let Fi tell you about her PB attempt

28/10/2012 at 15:33

Well, no going back now, that's me entered for 2013! been out of the running game for a year or so but decided this is just the motivation I need to kick start the passion back up, not done a full marathon for 2 years now so we'll see how it goes - BRING IT ON!!!!

28/10/2012 at 23:48
Helo one and all, many congratulations to GE for a superb time on a very testing course, my race went to plan I FINISHED and condidering my p**s poor prep I was chuffed to do that ! I will have to fess up regarding a PB attempt, my bladder the size of a pea by all accounts scuppered a certain persons pb but that will no doubt be explained later! Suffice to say Dave you've had a very very close squeak with Noahs bib !!!

Ok will someone please for the love of god tell me the secret to not having to walk around like a geriatric after the race, my legs are so sore it just aint funny.

The race is amazing, stunning scenery, superb local support and true camaraderie between runners, yes its tough in places but oh so worth it. Loved meeting up with GE, Shaun and Fi and just to put the icing on the cake the weather was superb closely followed by an outstanding session in the bar where Jill provided entertainment in her own inimitable way without even trying - trust me, you had to be there
29/10/2012 at 07:02

Sounds like a great weekend guys - wish I could have been there for it. You all did great jobs and to go close to a PB beggars belief but at least I can get Noah's sick stained bib in the washer now. Been saving it up for a few days just in case!

If I can give you some advice Philby it would be to not race again next week!

I did a half yesterday just 7 days after the Amsterdam marathon and was leading for about 200 yards but 8th after a mile and in pain with my calf muscle. This spread to both legs and the thighs by mile 3 in 30th place. Could hardly breathe and just about hung on to finish. Although I was beaten by a boy in a scary mask and a carrot.

However, just to prove that not all best runs are the fastest I got talking to a guy at 9 miles desperate to go under 1:22 for a PB. I offered to pace him to the finish which gave me something to do and we delivered in 1:21:53. He was chuffed to bits and I thoroughly enjoyed helping another runner smash their target. Happy Days!

Welcome to the thread Hill1. This is the thread for the Edinburgh Marathon 2010 but we're still going. Most of us went back last year and some are going again this year I think (Me and DT2 are in) Your more than welcome to hang around and chat but usually when we make that offer we don't see people again - please stay, we're lonely in here!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.