Edinburgh Marathon

7,821 to 7,840 of 8,199 messages
22/11/2012 at 13:40

FRC, flipping hell mate that's awesome running, whatever your doing keep it up!

Dave, you should be ashamed, thats only 10 minutes quicker than I could cover that distance 

Went out and did an hours running,  weighed myself naked on two different scales before I set off, then did an hours run, got back, dried myself down and re weighed was very very surprised, I lost 800 grams in weight verified on both scales, this is purely water! I was wrapped up more than usual and was extremely hot at the finish but regardless that was a hell of a lot of water to lose in 6.5 miles of medium paced running, based on that I need to be drinking at least a litre of water every hour when I run in Florida!!!

Edited: 22/11/2012 at 13:41
22/11/2012 at 14:57
Thirsty work Philby!

I emailed Belper about the Rugby Rover and they have confirmed 18th August for next years running. That's the day after RTT

I know it is possible but there is no way I'm doing both - gutted!
23/11/2012 at 04:35
Finally got round to registering for parkrun, doing on first one on Saturday at Conkers, about 20 minutes from me, I'll let you know how it goes.
mcs
23/11/2012 at 11:00

B you were up early!!! 

23/11/2012 at 22:46

or late!

24/11/2012 at 15:32

First parkrun = 23.22  , not too bad for someone who'd had 2 hours kip on the sofa after a night shift  , I could probably knock 30 seconds off just by starting nearer the front, novice error of dropping my sweatshirt off at the car after the brief and ending up halfway back in the pack (160 or so runners), lesson learnt but thoroughly enjoyed it.

mcs
26/11/2012 at 10:57

Well done is that a hilly course at Conkers? Had a ten mile run with daughter  yesterday on her bike chatting to me all the way round great run and cool sunshine very nice........

ADG
26/11/2012 at 14:36

I did that weigh before and after and it hadn't changed after a 3 mile run, 

ADG
WR
26/11/2012 at 18:50
Evening all, it's been a while!! You all seem to be doing well and keeping up with the running. Just caught up on most of this thread, it's been about six months, but got a few hours to kill in the BA business lounge here in Dubai!

Moved to the Middle East back then and heading back to the UK tonight, I hear its cold, got cold here recently as we'll, it's only 26 degrees today - nice running weather although you soon acclimatise! Was running in 47 degree heat in the summer, although myself and some colleagues would try to wait till it dropped below 100F - 38C before we would head out,although 8.5 miles is the furthest I've gone. Looking forward to going longer back home where the temps should be more agreeable.

Thought about Edinburgh this year but don't think I'll make it, missed out on my ultra due to being out here but that is something I still want to do, some of my South African colleagues have done Comrades but think I'm looking for a trail ultra, have to protect those knees now I'm in my 40s!

Good luck all WR
27/11/2012 at 05:59
WR, it's great to hear from you. Glad you're still getting the running shoes on. Was looking at possibly some sort of ultra for 2013 but definitely in the UK.

For now I'm sitting on my hotel balcony in Cyprus making the most of the last few hours of sun before my flight back to Gatwick this pm. Its been a great week. Perfect for morning runs and afternoons by the pool. Back to work tomorrow! Can't wait...
mcs
27/11/2012 at 13:56

Goldeneagle were you on the running Cyprus trip? Oscarr from another Thread was out there perhaps you met him?

27/11/2012 at 17:56
mcs, yes I was. Perhaps I did...
Back at Gatwick now. Just a train, the tube, a train and a train and I'm home!
28/11/2012 at 20:41

blimey o'reilly! Was only thinking of WR the other day and wondering how he was and here he pops up.

Good to hear from you fella and in recognition of your re-appearance I'm going to go for 50 days of consecutive running starting tomorrow - minimum 4 miles/day.

mcs
29/11/2012 at 15:08

Intervals in the sun for me this lunch had enough of dark, wet, headtorch runs......

Managed eight miles one with a 6 and five with 7 at the start of them.......

30/11/2012 at 13:58

read it several times mcs and still don't understand yesterdays run stats???

please explain

30/11/2012 at 14:23
Dave,

Think is means 1 mile at 6 something, 5 at 7 something and a.n.other.
30/11/2012 at 20:44

ahhhh I see - just me being stupid then

2 days of running so far. Yesterday was just a couple of miles on the treadmill with a beastly weights session. Today was a good old CV session in the gym which included about 2.5k on the treadmill and a solid 8 miles this evening.

48 days to go!

WR
01/12/2012 at 18:13
Keep it going Dave, got some running in while I've been home, mountain biking tomorrow and lots of alcohol tonight.

Another year out in Cyprus GE, thinking of retiring out there?
02/12/2012 at 14:58

Just love a week's sunshine in November, WR. Not sure whether I'd fancy living there but it has its attractions. The way things are at the moment don't think I'll be retiring any time soon...

02/12/2012 at 15:26

I'm trying WR!

Day 4 and the lonest run so far with 9.9 miles over the moors above Sheffield. Beautiful crisp clear day and a joy to be healthy. Going to ruin it tonight with a visit to my favourite pub. The Blake in Sheffield

Our club had its annual 10k today but I was out as not running well and Jo and Noah are sick. Anyway, my brother was running and hoping to crack 40 minutes for the first time. He text me to say his watch was 39:58 at the finish. The results say his chip time was 40:00 - Them's the breaks!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.