Edinburgh Marathon

7,901 to 7,920 of 8,199 messages
06/01/2013 at 17:07

I think this thread is poorly and maybe we should do the only decent thing. I think we're all friends on FB anyway aren't we?

Day 25 and 10 miles out on the moors in very muddy conditions. Running App went a bit mental and said 35 miles in 1hr 5 mins - I'm happy with that.

Halfway there folks

06/01/2013 at 17:17
Dave, speaking for me and me alone, Jill and I have been hit with the lurgy for last 2 weeks hence my apathetic participation, dont use FB and never will so other than text/email I would loose touch with a bunch of fantastic peeps, I totally appreciate that your busy on other forums and things and do not feel as if you would be ignoring this place! Anways, wishing you all the best with the streak
06/01/2013 at 18:00
It's worth keeping alive just for you then Philby
06/01/2013 at 18:54

It's still 20 weeks until the race. People will start posting when they get properly into their training.

06/01/2013 at 19:33
Ha ha. Kenny this is the 2009 Edinburgh thread but it just keeps going. Good point about this years race though. We're bound to get some new blood in soon
07/01/2013 at 00:20
I promise to post more often once I have got over the lurgy and of course to report on Florida
WR
07/01/2013 at 08:20
Was that nearly 4 years ago?
07/01/2013 at 11:01

Hmmmm, may have been 2010 then - I think it was 2010 as 2009 Edinburgh was my second ever marathon and not when I met the gang.

mcs
07/01/2013 at 11:42

Still here then guys?? Week 9 of my training larkey with race day being March 9th looming large. Need to get some more long runs in......doing over 30 every week but the long run is proving difficult to fit in.  Are you all doing Edinburgh again this year?

07/01/2013 at 13:04

I am - but only racing if London goes badly. If me n Tanner smash london then we might have a 26 mile tempo run along the river in Edinburgh

07/01/2013 at 14:30

I cannot belive my sodding luck, I had a heavy cold which put me out of action for nearly 2 weeks last month, now i have a chest infection courtesy of she who must be obeyed, at this rate I will be lucky to complete the Goofy challenge walking 

Anyway, think positively and all that, stiff upper lip bla bla bla

Hi MCS, sorry mate but the WORLDS GREATEST BAND - RUSH are playing at the NEC and O2 and the probability unfortunately is that it could be the last chance I get to see them play live so sadly i will have to give it a miss for 2013  You sound on brilliant form, wish I had your mojo atm, I feel flipping drained.

Dave, how did you get another London entry? I tried 2 yrs running and not a sniff, does it count how fast you are ?

07/01/2013 at 21:59

The clue to the year's at the top of the page.... .

That was the year I didn't run but came up on the Saturday anyway. Can still remember the red hot weather the day before the race with everyone in the White Hart drinking soft drinks and WR drinking Guinness.

Think there's still a bit of life left in the old thread but all things will come to an end. 

Hope you can shift the chest infection Phil. Just make sure you're over it before you get back out there. Don't want any relapses.

Sorry guys but having done the Edi Mara the last 2 years, I'm also going missing for 2013. A friend of mine's running her first 10k in London on 27 May and I've said I'll run it with her. Getting from Edi to London overnight isn't going to work I'm afraid.

Well done, mcs. Keep it going. March will be here before we know it.

First 'real' long run of the Paris training, 16 miles, out of the way. Now it feels like I'm marathon training again. 

08/01/2013 at 10:21

Good man GE and thanks for the pointer on the year. I remember it well!

I get an entry for London on the times Philby. I qualified for a championship entry with a sub 2:40 and before that I always got a good for age entry. I really enjoy London but going to give it a miss next year after doing 4 in a row. May do Paris instead for a change of scene.

Day 27 and 5 miles already done - gym session at lunch and maybe 14 miles tomorrow. God I hate streaking!

08/01/2013 at 11:52
Aagh that explains it nicely, sub 2:40 is outstanding mate, good luck with the streak atm I am not able to go 5 minutes without a hacking cough session, Sat and Sun are going to be tough days!
08/01/2013 at 12:34

Phil, hadn't realised it was so close. Take it easy and enjoy the sights. Hope you and Jill have a great trip. 

mcs
08/01/2013 at 13:15

Get well soon Phil

08/01/2013 at 15:38

Of course - get well soon Philby!

On that note I have just developed a tickly cough and a wheezy chest in the last hour and suspect my avoidance of the lurgy may be at an end That should make the streak a little intersting

09/01/2013 at 09:00

Day 29 I think and illness takes hold. Struggling to breathe and very achy. Can I drag 5 miles out of the old body?

mcs
09/01/2013 at 10:46

Probably best to rest the young body up Dave!! GET WELL SOON to all.

09/01/2013 at 16:31

I think I posted on this last year, and the year before and the year before??

Can I join in again? Glutton for punishment.

I had New Year with the inlaws in Edinburgh and got some good long (and muddy) runs in.

Got a Marathon early in April (not VLM) then Edinburgh in May should work out good I hope?

Hope everyone's training going well?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.