Edinburgh Marathon

7,981 to 8,000 of 8,199 messages
mcs
27/01/2013 at 15:17

Elite pro athlete here!!! Thanks for the words of encouragement appreciated that..... Busy weekend CV adjusting and mailing......I will get another job and 2013 is going to be a good year!!! OH ill so not managed a long run today and have a sore throat myself so having a chill day. Not doing well on the long runs but come this week suspect more time will be available, meeting on Tuesday with HR should be fun!! Happy SUnday all.

28/01/2013 at 09:24

Sorry to hear about your dog Fiona. Great running companions. Mine is keen to get out regardless of the weather.

Sorry to hear about job MCS. Oil industry very buoyant at moment - Aberdeen?? There are about 100,000 vacancies - mostly in engineering.

Poor week for me as well last week. Some runs in the snow and ice, but nothing longer than 10 miles. 10k accelerator on treadmill last night as too much frozen slush and snow. Away to rural Germany at end of this week so hope to run a bit more this week then pack my trail shoes. At least lots of good trails where I go.

28/01/2013 at 10:48

mcs - have you tried looking at felx-seal over in Barnsley. I'm sure you know but they manufacture repair couplings for pipes and were advertising about 4 weeks ago, Not sure what for. Also Hepworths the pipe manufacturer (now Wavin) aren't too far away between Sheffield and Huddersfield. They may be worth a look too?

28/01/2013 at 11:02
Sorry to hear your news mcs, hopefully something will come up.
mcs
28/01/2013 at 13:13

Thanks Dave I know Flexseal we sell rubber seals to them. But thanks for the tip off on those names. We sell to Wavin one of our big customers.. after tomorrow's meeting we will know where we are time wise.

31/01/2013 at 00:07

Evening all! Another sodding cold, this is getting boring but regardless tomorrow WILL be my first run out since Florida 

Just entered the BHF Longleat Half for Mar 10th, looking forward to that and hoping to go sub 1:45???

mcs
31/01/2013 at 14:44

Just done a 10K up the trail and back in 46 mins so pleased with that as struggling with the head this last week. Enjoy the half Philby........

31/01/2013 at 23:56
Mcs, that's a fantastic time especially considering it was a trail run, most impressed
01/02/2013 at 00:09
Yep great time, well done!
01/02/2013 at 04:49
Philby, hope your cold clears up soon mate, good luck with the half, mine is on 5th May in Lichfield, game on!

mcs, great time for a 10k mate.
01/02/2013 at 08:07

Morning All. Things have been a bit hectic lately. An office move and various other stuff. Hopefully will quiet down now.

Fi, so sorry to hear about your dog. I'm sure she'll get all the care and love she needs.

mcs, that's really tough mate. Hope something turns up quickly. And well done on the 10K.

Philby, good luck for Longleat. You'll smash 1:45. Am doing Bath half on 3 March.

Beavis, had a look at Lichfield. Dates free at the moment so may see you there.

Happy running everyone.

04/02/2013 at 22:01
Hi GE, life is hectic it seems for all of us atm and making time for pleasurable pursuits is a bloody challenge, seemed to have a sneaky chance to get a run in tomorrow as I swing from a day shift to nights but now unable to as Jill's dad is not well and we are now doing g something else, fingers crossed for John!
mcs
05/02/2013 at 14:00

Run to work in the blizzard this morning actually enjoyed it as its not going to last probably beyond this week, redundancy notice letter being delivered by a Dutchman who is flying in Thursday am and then I dont have to work my notice!!!  Wonder what this year is going to bring. Had an interview at Tarmac yesterday and got a cracked windscreen on the way up to them, interview went well till they mentioned the salary, nearly fell off the chair in horror!  Better than dole I suppose but only just!!!

06/02/2013 at 00:51
Hope all works out well mcs, have you considered moving further afield? Sunscreen on followed by a 7 miler in the mid 20s and then a BBQ!! Ah winter in the Middle East!
06/02/2013 at 08:03

MCS - you're having a tough time. Hope you find something soon. What's your job?

Philby, Goldeneagle et al - hectic. Sneaking out for a run is common thread.

I'm in Germany teaching for next 2 weeks. Some good runs with some of class. Beautiful medieval villages and great trails - and good beer! Snowing gently at moment. Life is good.

08/02/2013 at 18:13

Hi everyone, 

My husband is looking for a place in the Edinburgh Marathon if anyone can't do it or has to pull out.

He has missed out 2yrs in a row due to having a tumour in his lung and having to have the bottom third of his lung removed so wanted to make this year his come back and he missed the cut off for it.

If anyone can help can they let me know.

thanks

Michelle 

08/02/2013 at 18:24

Hillheader that sounds like a great trip, no snow in Swindon and my run today was relatively warm, a gentle 6 miler which is a circuit close to me. Hope the beer is good 

Mcs, hope the job hunting improves, i suppose in this current climate employers are going to squeeze every area of expenditure, best of luck mate, Jill and I have our fingers crossed.

GE, bugger , I am visiting my youngest boy Dan in Brighton om 3rd Mar, otherwise I would have joined you.

08/02/2013 at 20:25
Hi Michelle

Seems like your husband has been through a tough couple of years. This is the 2010 thread that just won't go away and I don't think any of us are entered in this years race.

Good luck on finding a place.
10/02/2013 at 08:30

Hi Michelle, hope all goes well for your husband. Going on previous years, as race day gets closer and people pick up injuries or realise what they've committed  to, more places become available. So would suggest your husband keeps the training going and you keep your eyes on the forums or even start a new thread yourself.

Phil, I think Bath is sold out anyway. Have tentatively pencilled in the Tewkesbury Half on 19 May. Not too far from your neck of the woods. It is however the day after my daughter's birthday so will need to see if anything's already planned for the weekend.

Also, I know you said no more marathons.... But Loch Ness is such a great race. Seriously thinking about this now. 

Paris is 8 weeks away. Managed to get in 5 runs this week, 43 miles ending with 16 yesterday with the second 8 at marathon pace. Training's going better than 2 years ago, touch wood. Hopefully I can look for another sub-4.

10/02/2013 at 20:53

You can do it GE - I have confidence in you.

Had an awful week running as a result of a trip to Aberdeen to see Scotland play. Had no sleep for 24 hours and then missed 4 days training through fatigue - Grrrr!

Bounced back toady with just over 21 miles in 2:26. Gret to run on the hills over Sheffield in the driving wind and snow

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.