Edinburgh Marathon

8,001 to 8,020 of 8,199 messages
10/02/2013 at 22:15

Cheers Dave. Well done on the 21 miles. 

Have now entered Ashby 20, conveniently 3 weeks before Paris and a top race.

Also gone ahead and entered Loch Ness. So come on Phil, (and anyone else) it's officially a downhill marathon, how hard can it be? 

11/02/2013 at 04:01
Dave, stop, stop it now ! 21 miles in 2:26 un frickin believable, hmmmph well done all the same.

GE, hmmmm, Loch Ness, hmmmm, downhill, hmmmmmmm, didn't feel that way at mile bloody 17
mcs
11/02/2013 at 09:16

Good running from the pros on here as usual I see!!!
I got up at 5.37 Sunday morning as my OH had woken me up and went out at six in nice and steady pace with the head torch on and in a snow sleety cold morning set off and did 17.1 miles  in 2.37 so happy with that, was struggling abit due to stuff on my mind I reckon for the last mile or three to keep going but kept the chimp in the box (been reading the Sky Team's Doctors book on the Chimp Mind) and made it home without stopping so mentally tough but made it. Work now well one week and I am on my own in the office as the other guy is in Belgium working all week. Fun, not going to be doing too much as they dont need me!!!   Stay sane and have a good week.

11/02/2013 at 12:32

Phil, yes I do remember the 'small' hill around that part of the course but compared to Snowdonia it's a walk in the park  

mcs, great to see you're still getting the running done. That pace sounds pretty good to me. I've had some issues in my life over the past few years and keeping running through them helped me a lot so I hope it has the same affect for you.

mcs
11/02/2013 at 15:18

Cheers GE.........the mind didn't want to do it yesterday but after a good talking to we got on with it and made it round, full good afterwards.  Need to keep at it as got to toe the line of the GGallop on the 9th of March a little matter of 21 miles of hills and stuff!!! Must be mad. Oh for a flat run.

11/02/2013 at 17:11
Some great running going on, stay positive mcs!!
mcs
12/02/2013 at 10:40

Rejection email but hey who cares.....coffee anyone? Did a quick three miler this am in 21.47 as a touch late getting off to work.

Happiness in not having what you want, but wanting what you have!!!

12/02/2013 at 10:50

Some good runs being posted. Some very fast runs as well - Dave.

MCS - hills are you friend! Enjoy!

Anyone actually running Edinburgh this year from this forum? 

More cold runs here in Germany. 17 on Thursday, 21 on Saturday and a fantastic 10 miler last night. -14 deg but clear and wind free. Turned off torch as reflection of snow was enough. 

12/02/2013 at 13:03
-14!!! High 20s here and sunblock on, 64 miles for the week, the furthest I've gone in a while.
mcs
14/02/2013 at 15:09

Not me!! HIll header.

Just done a 10k in 47 mins at lunch keeping the legs turning over, the head is a struggling abit though.......keep smiling soon be xmas!!!

14/02/2013 at 15:26
WR, MCS, Hillheader, superb running gents, tomorrow is an interval session for me and it seems the weather here is looking good for that, nothing special just 10 reps of 1 min flat out with 1 min rest periods. Hope you all have a great weekend
14/02/2013 at 16:44

I'm in for Ashby as well GE - see you there.

I'm also in for Edinburgh with DT2 who is struggling with injury at the moment. If he breaks down again I think he's writing London off and going for Edinburgh in a big way. If I go well in London then I'm maybe going to pace him for 20 miles and then jog it in from there

Just for valentines I thought I would do something a bit special. I'm doing not one, not two but three, yes three sessions today. Was in the gym for 30 minutes on treadmill and weights at 7am. Back to gym for 50 minute CV session at lunch and now just got the 10 miler to bag after work. Jo is a lucky girl!

Still got fingers crossed for you mcs

14/02/2013 at 18:41
Thanks Phil, last run in the sun today, leaving Dubai tonight for ten days back in the UK, don't know if I'll go running but going mountain biking this week, extra top needed I think!

Dave 3 sessions on valentines day should be done with the wife surely!!!!
14/02/2013 at 20:00

That's a bit keen MCD? Did she get an extra special present of dirty gym kit?

WR - maybe 2 tops? still winter.

Snowing again here. 18 miler last night, wine tonight. Heading back to Scotland tomorrow night. Copenhagen on Sunday though.

14/02/2013 at 21:32
Maybe 3 tops HH!

18 miles in the snow, good going.
16/02/2013 at 09:11

I was working away in Cardiff on Valentines but yes she did get the kit bag and then the washer broke down

16/02/2013 at 17:01

Back again...

18 miles in the snow  that's some going hillheader...rather you than me.

Jo is indeed a very very lucky woman to be married to an old romantic like you Dave...her life must be a whirlwind of moonlight & roses...teehee.  We went out for a run on Valentines, I did suggest we held hands but Mr CS was having none of it

Race updates... Dewsbury 10k (3rd Feb) a nice flat out & back course...haven't actually done a 10k race properly for 2 years so I was a bit rusty on how hard I should push it...finally nailed that sub-60 (59:17) yay!!! Mr CS said to me when I finished "do you think you should maybe be at least a bit out of breath?"  Oops!! Apparently I should've pushed it a bit harder...ho hum...there's always Bradford 10k next month. And then we have the lovely Liversedge HM (10th Feb) not only have we not got into double figures since the start of November but it's a hilly course, I hate hills, and then the icing on the cake...it started snowing...I was really not in the right frame of mind and struggled all the way round...in fact I was admitting defeat on hills that normally wouldn't even break my stride...was expecting 2:30...would've been pleased with 2:25...I somehow managed 2:18   Mr CS was a star on the day though...last time he did that race he got 2:08 so was looking to keep it under 2 based on his much flatter race times from last year...are you ready for this...he finished in 1:44 and got a new PB

Need to put my game face on and knuckle down to some serious training if I'm to even make an attempt at sub 2 at Edinburgh...it's only 7 mins I need to knock off...how hard can it be??? *whimper* Dave, any chance I can borrow your legs???

18/02/2013 at 15:45
Dave, I told Jill about your valentines present to Jo and she said if I ever did that she would never cook for me again - gulp, that really really scared the bejesus out of me !!!

Caz, well done on cracking that 10K pb and a well done to Bruce for his half pb, your both awesome 2013 is shaping up well imho

WR, 18 in any weather is superb, hope you enjoyed your jaunt to old blighty

Very sad day, Richard Briars of The Good Life died today really loved that series, so refreshingly clean in its humour compared to much of today's vulgar trash. RIP Richard.
Edited: 18/02/2013 at 15:46
21/02/2013 at 18:12
It was freezing out there today, ran along the coastal path with a strong easterly wind, was well wrapped up but cold throughout.

Phil, at least there'll be loads of re-runs with the lovely Felicity Kendal!!
21/02/2013 at 18:19
Aaaagh Felicity Kendal, "a deliciously pert bottom" as Martin Clunes commented in an episode of Men Behaving Badly Yes flipping cold here and I have a 9 miler on the calendar in the morning Brrrrrr! The worst bit for me is dressing correctly, the mental strength not to overdress as you know by mile 3 you will start regretting it and therefore just accepting the first 1 to 2 miles will be frickin cold !!! Such is the runners lot
8,001 to 8,020 of 8,199 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.