Edinburgh Marathon

101 to 120 of 8,199 messages
06/10/2009 at 11:06

I'm loving the course profile!  Down, down, down, down....

This will 'obviously' make the running of 26.2 miles 'easy'.  In fact, I can hardly see myself training for it at all. Pah!

bburn plO.dder    pirate
06/10/2009 at 11:22
Ideally I'd like to just keep running the first 5 miles over and over again .....
06/10/2009 at 11:42

good luck in dublin andy

to be honest too much down hill makes my legs ache  i dont mind it now and again but would rather have it flat

this weekends peterborough half is supposed to be flat so hopefully i'm going for a PB

but all depends on sleep the night before and how i feel when i get up

anyone else got races coming up ive got another half in 2 weeks in worksop notts

bburn plO.dder    pirate
06/10/2009 at 11:49

Wow Angela, you run a lot of races.

Good luck on Sunday, if you're going for a PB, what you aiming for?

My next race isn't until 28th November, the Wesham 10k. I ran it last year, and it was so cold my hair froze!

After that, I've nothing booked in, although I'm planning to do the Blackburn 10k Winter Warmer in Feb next year (that's a great race with an absolute bugger of a hill that just keeps on going and going...).

I think I should start investigating some halfs for early next year, but at the moment I'm concentrating on building up slow steady miles with the base training.

06/10/2009 at 11:51
Hi bburn plodder, have you thought of doing the Ribble Valley 10k? It's on Dec 27th and I found that last year it was the best incentive to refuse that third mince pie!
06/10/2009 at 11:54

im hoping for anything under 2hrs 7, thats my PB at the mo

ive got heanor xmas pud 10k and clowne half in Nov

then edwinstowe 10k and wheaton 10k in Dec

i like to do 2 a month just to keep me focused on weight loss and my running on track

the wheaton one is 27th dec so no over eating at xmas for me lol

bburn plO.dder    pirate
06/10/2009 at 12:37

Good Luck with that Angela .  Let us know how it goes.

Two races a month is very dedicated

Nicola, I have heard of the Ribble Valley 10k, and quite fancied it, but I'm off on my holidays to Tenerife on 27th December, so I'll have to give it a miss. Shame . It will be a bit of a double whammy on the waistline, Christmas, then a week on holiday. I'm not expecting any sympathy !!! LOL !

07/10/2009 at 10:43

I'm doing Alexandra Park 5k on 1st Nov, A Santa Dash 5K on 20th Dec, 4 Villages Half in Helsby on 17th Jan, then nothing till Edinburgh.  Just done a half at the weekend, so wanted a couple of 5Ks to try and find some speed before year end!

Should keep me focused.  I have to have races scheduled or I just lose interest!

07/10/2009 at 12:14

hi ian

yeah im the same need something to aim for, ive got nothing planned in jan or feb doesnt seem to be much around that is close to me, im doing the kilomathon in march, noting else at the mo til edinburgh but that could all change when i get looking on here

07/10/2009 at 20:06
I'm in, overlooked by London so choosing this as my first marathon, hotel and everything booked, going up saturday morning with my wife and little boy, then set off on monday(hopefully with a nice medal and decent time) for centre parcs in cumbria for 4 days. Dreading it,looking forward to it,nervous as hell and very excited, see you all there!
07/10/2009 at 20:10

Im in on this one as rejected from London!

Am doing the Leicester Marathon on Sunday for practice - so it will be good 2c what time i come in on that one?

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced hotel? Am travelling on my own ()!

Happy training everyone!

07/10/2009 at 20:15
cheapest i found was the premier inn, think it was about 50-60 a night depending on if you want breakfast, it has a brewers fayre right at the side of it and it's bang in the city centre near to the start
07/10/2009 at 21:19
ive gone for b and b mines near the start and its £39 a night not too bad i thought
07/10/2009 at 21:31
whats the name angela? i booked premier inn for us, but the good thing is you can cancel up until 1 on the day and not get charged, so if i find something better i can swap,if i can't, well at least i got a decent room in a good location for a good price, makes sense to me!
07/10/2009 at 21:39
the richmond house hotel and up to 19th may i can cancel with no loss of money
07/10/2009 at 21:42

excellent deal,think i noticed that one when i was looking

07/10/2009 at 22:03
im not bothered what is like as long as i can crash out after im fine lol
08/10/2009 at 10:58

Just back from holiday and I see we have some more in the "oh my god, what have I done" camp. 

We can do this people.... Its only 26.2 miles what on earth could possibly go wrong???

Am loving the one person support crew, Mr CS is my support crew and a lovely support crew he is too... He's talking about hiring a bike at Edinburgh so he can cheer me on, restock my water bottles etc at varous stages of the route rather than just at one point.

We've booked a posh hotel, but only because its my 40th birthday present to myself (a month early).  So the plan is, leave the hotel 10mins before it starts and wander round the corner to the start...

08/10/2009 at 11:21

caz

sounds a good plan having posh hotel, its my 40th next month

08/10/2009 at 12:15

Hmm mine in January, is this a theme ladies?

I'm quite looking forward to becoming 40, I think my chances of actually winning an age category might go up.(in a v small race naturally) .hurray for accentuating the positive!

I am now thinking of the Liverpool half in March and all being well the Liverpool Marathon in October, makes travelling a whole lot simpler and will give me longer to train.

101 to 120 of 8,199 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.