Edinburgh Marathon

1,701 to 1,720 of 1,752 messages
15/06/2005 at 07:15
2330 - michael - 4h 14m 23s
2331 - warren - 4h 14m 23s

;)
15/06/2005 at 09:56
Thanks Derek

Looks like we managed a sub 4 hrs 15 mins!!

Both very happy with that.

TM
15/06/2005 at 10:10
full results now online at
http://www.edinburgh-marathon.co.uk/uk/results/
15/06/2005 at 10:12
Somebody mailed me but the mail is coming back undelivered so if you still need stuff looked up let me know
15/06/2005 at 10:39
Katypie - twas I that emailed you. I was trying to get my finishing time and position. My name is Paul MacKenzie-Cummins and I finished in around 4hrs 34mins - not a great time I know, but it was fun nonetheless. Thanks in advance.
15/06/2005 at 10:41
Hello and well done, everyone! I've just got back to Mallorca after a fabulous four days in Edinburgh. Good to meet you, Katypie. You did a brilliant time. I saw you again later in the race. You must have kept up a good pace. I've just seen my time on the Internet: 4hrs 4mins 34 secs. I was pleased, but I had loads of energy left at the end so wonder what I COULD have done. I don't regret a thing, though, because I thoroughly enjoyed the course, the sunshine, the rain, the people ... still totally buzzing, as you can tell. I went to the Standing Order, but got there about 7pm and consumed a huge roast dinner and a fair amount of 'vino'! I didn't get hold of any newspapers. Is it worth ordering a back edition for the pull-out on the marathon? I've heard mixed reports.
15/06/2005 at 11:05
Paul

4.34.30! Sorry about that I was getting undeiverable message?

Jo - personally I wouldn't bother with the ET but is your call. It might be nice to have it in print?

It was nice to meet you to. Glad you got home okay.
15/06/2005 at 11:25
Just thought i would pop in to say had a really good time on Sunday (even with the struggle after 20 miles). The atmosphere was excellent. Think my time was around 4 hours 30mins, not too bothered it was the taking part that was the main thing. Found the standing order but unfortunately didn't get there till monday! Got the bug big time, will definately run another one. My legs may have got a little slower after finishing but my mouth was in overdrive, that was a big buzz, love Edinburgh as well. Cheers for all the advice i got on here.
15/06/2005 at 13:17
15/06/2005 at 14:26
137th- 3hrs 6mins..PB....LOCH NESS BRING IT ON!!!
15/06/2005 at 14:41
Billy..............u r a head case (I mean that in the nicest possible way)
15/06/2005 at 14:54
gillian,
yeh looking forward to loch ness in october..
not bothered what time i do though..will just run and let my legs take me there,and see what time i do..
15/06/2005 at 15:07
Not bothered with time.............now Billy how much do you eally mean that ? Will look out for you between now and then. You going to EK week Sun ? I'm in the 10k. Halfie was to much to soon after Sunday for me.
15/06/2005 at 15:24
Hi folks,
Edinburgh was my 2nd marathon but the first I have been able to run meaningfully (London '04 training was disrupted by a silly injury!). Happy to finish in 4' 19", one hour better than London.
I agree with people who say Arthur's seat should have been left in; if it was the organisers wish to make the race virtually flat I think they succeeded!
As a "Southerner" I think my next challenge will be the New Forest Marathon as my confidence is now on an all time high!!
15/06/2005 at 15:40
Hail Hail

Gillian - I'm in for the EK half. Well, I'mm off to go and apply online right now. Hopefully still some places left.
Then, 1 week later, a half whilst on hols in Brittany. Then GSR half in Sep. Then Loch Ness, same as BillyB (not fussed with time. Unless FLM do as they are threatening, and change GFA qualifying times, in which case.....run like the wind in the hills!!)
Now hows that for being a headcase!!!
15/06/2005 at 15:41
Hail Hail

BillyB - theres a Loch Ness thread. Look in "My Forum" for the link. Hope to see you there.
15/06/2005 at 15:46
gillian...it is true...
when i started running over 20 years ago i set myself targets...
sub 40mins-10k...finally beat that this year
sub 1-30-1/2 marathon..finally beat that this year
and sub 3-30-marathon..beat that on sunday
so for all that time ive stressed myself out when i failed to make those targets,so now ive finally done it,im going to relax,enjoy my running and see what happens...
dont know how much quicker i can get anyway...

ek? no,my next race is forth bridge 10k in august..i'm even giving the 7 hills a miss this week...i think ive earned a rest...
from next week though,i will start a new marathon programme for to peak at loch ness
15/06/2005 at 15:57
Hail Hail

In for EK. Is there a thread anywhere?
15/06/2005 at 23:53
Katiepie - you beat me by 6 seconds! Mental or what! Was Mike A the same time?
16/06/2005 at 08:27

As this thread winds down, I just want to thank again everyone on here for your support and encouragement. You are a great bunch of people. Just sorry I didn't get to meet up with anyone. But I had a really wonderful day and absolutely loved it:)

I've had a couple of runs this week and feel OK. Now I'm taking about 12 days off, going to Glastonbury Festival, and from Tuesday 28 June will be getting back into training for the Abingdon Marathon in October.

Thanks again and hope to see you at a race in the future.
1,701 to 1,720 of 1,752 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.