Edinburgh Marathon

1,721 to 1,740 of 1,752 messages
16/06/2005 at 08:37
See you, Peaceman! Was sorry not to meet up and laugh about the ice baths with you, but there'll be more marathons and I certainly haven't finished yet! Good luck!

Bye, everyone! Have ordered a dvd and am waiting for photos to appear. I had a great time in Edinburgh and am still on a total high. The forum helped me in many ways: it gave good advice and info, calmed my nerves, motivated me ... cheers, all!
16/06/2005 at 10:01
Hail Hail

Another one logging off from this thread. Can I just re-iterate some of my comments from earlier, and those of Peaceman.
You are all heroes for completing nay even attempting what you did. Your time does not matter, because at least you have a time. Unlike those who sit at home on their couches never contemplating what we all do. For all those who offered advice and comedy, a huge thank you and round of applause. For those who I can offer support or advice, dont hesitate to email me direct.
See youse all either in the ether of RW threads, or at a race somewhere, sometime!!

ALL THE BEST TO ALL!!
16/06/2005 at 10:48
Another one checking in to say cheerio. This marathon was one of the most memorable experiences of my life and I hope to see some of you on a similar thread next year !!!!!

HAPPY RUNNING ONE AND ALL
16/06/2005 at 11:10
All over now for Edinburgh. I am off to find me another marathon to run before the end of the year. Somewhere near london would be good (don't want to use easyjet for a very long time).
16/06/2005 at 11:25
Just checked the online results. 3:31:03, 573rd place. I've been running for a year now, and that's my first marathon so I'm very pleased with that.
16/06/2005 at 13:44
Over and our from me too! a big thanks and well done to everyone again! Hope to see some of you at the EK half!!

Til then!!!
16/06/2005 at 15:04
Take it easy everyone. Going to miss the forum almost as much as the training.

As we say in the West Highlands.....

"Lang may yir lum reek"

All the best, and hopefully catch you soon.
16/06/2005 at 17:53
Sounds as tho everyone is bowing out now so I just have to say Thanks!! - I've really enjoyed 'chatting' to you all and reading all the advice which I will carry with me for the marathons I do in the future.

I hope we will all cross each other again at some point....GOOD LUCK IN EVERYTHING YOU ALL DO FROM NOW ON.......

Mandie xx
16/06/2005 at 19:06
i am off now as well - thank you to all - hope to see you on another forum soon - i am now training for new york :-)
16/06/2005 at 19:29
And it's goodbye from me!
Nice to chat with those on this forum & also to those who I met in Edinburgh.
Thanks to Katiepie (what a star!).
I will be running the British 10K London run in a few weeks.
Cheers!
16/06/2005 at 22:02
Stalkerman Mikey was 4.39 :)
17/06/2005 at 19:44
has anyone seen anything from the photos site yet?

I filled in the form,............

.......still waiting
17/06/2005 at 20:07
haven't had the email yet, but the photo's are on line at http://www.asiphoto.com/

http://www.asiphoto.net/fileadmin/data/images/0104/0104_31330.JPG
17/06/2005 at 21:42
Cheers Bob, its been a long time waiting!
Thanks again!
17/06/2005 at 21:46
Thanks, Bob. Cool, I have loads of photos of me. Will buy a select one to keep.

The ones towards the start, I look soo happy, but the ones at the end, I look shattered (not surprisingly!)
18/06/2005 at 03:29
Oh the difference a week makes. This time last week, focused, honed athlete. And now? More than a wee bit drunk and knackered from dancing for the last three hours or so.

Its all Katypie's fault, she's not to be trusted....
18/06/2005 at 12:50
NOT TO BE TRUSTED? Who said no let's not buy more champagne? I did. Who said let's leave at 2.30am? Me.. You'd still be bopping away now if it wasn't for me
19/06/2005 at 08:48
Sounds like a good night out.

Quick question, (i promise my last one!). How do you prove your completion time for your last marathon if you are trying to get into another one requesting proof of times.

Do I print of the page from the web-site, or evening times paper?

Thanks again
Hazel
19/06/2005 at 10:44
Edinburgh Marathon highlights on Channel 5 tonight, 12.45.
21/06/2005 at 12:49
Been away in Prague (top place!) then on business since the marathon. As predicted, didn't really have the fitness for a sub 3 but at least I got the satisfaction of Running Bhoy breaking 3 h after pacing for first 16 miles! Billy B - I finished 138th - 1 place behind you!!! As RB mentioned I tripped on a raised manhole cover at 24 1/2 miles - a bit of a shock to the system - suddenly running along and the next minute you're on the ground with blood everywhere! Grazes are healing nicely now though.

Like my new picture from Edinburgh?

Good to meet you Gav - the half in Glasgow in Sept sounds good.

Currently half way through a two week break from my running before starting hard training for Berlin and New York on June 27.

Will sign off the thread now - see some of you on other forums!
1,721 to 1,740 of 1,752 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.