Edinburgh marathoners past and present

welcome to wor new hoose!!!!!!

201 to 220 of 8,349 messages
09/06/2009 at 22:24

Hiya Jac sorry to hear about your injury. Hope the fizz sorts you out. How's life in sunny NI these days?

Great run Soph - well done you, Flos and your backpack

Kiwis, we'll see what they come up with for next year then and that might just be a goer

5 miles for me too tonight. I've done more mileage this week already than the whole of last week put together!!!

Glad you got on okay with the non scary midwife Smout Careful on that bike now!!!!

SCHarm that does sound like an interesting race with all the chocolate goodies at the end - yuuuuum

Hey everyone else. Been to a West Highland Way meeting tonight so only just had my dinner!! Now feeling sick as I scoffed it so quick   and now I'm thinking chips and potato salad is a strange combination?

10/06/2009 at 07:42
Morning, get better soon Jac. Yup dodgy combo bedshaped
10/06/2009 at 08:11

Morning!!!!

I'll be careful!

Ooo how many sleeps now Mum??? You sorted your carb loading bedshaped????

Must dash Ciao

10/06/2009 at 08:13
9 and one nap my child with child
10/06/2009 at 09:07

Morning all, JAC hope you get your injury sorted soon, does sound rather nasty. 

I was out on the road last night for the first time since Edinburgh, did 3 miles and felt ok, need to keep it easy at the moment as left foot still sore and I dont want to pick up any injuries before the 1/2 at the beginning of July.  Its good to be back out there though I was going a bit stir crazy after only a week of recovery!!!!

10/06/2009 at 09:39

howdo housemates!!

Raced last night just inside 41mins for a 10k, tried to run quicker but nothing in the legs, tough course but wanted closer to 40mins, back to training now and time to plan some races, also i guess i should stop the reward eating post maathon!!!

How are we all today? 

10/06/2009 at 10:07

kiwi, jerry,

hi, sorry its Dave, the drunken hogweed from Riga, im desperate for your training tips, what was the name of that book you mentioned?, sorry about the delay in contacting you, but my laptop at home has died on me and is being repaired.

Thanks mate

10/06/2009 at 15:44

Well done Adie - that's great so soon after the marathon too

Afternoon all

10/06/2009 at 15:51
Smout wrote (see)
Aw (((((Jac))))) really hope you get sorted an haven;t actually damaged a bone in there or something I really have no idea and will be very interested in what fizz comes up with. I agree with Soph tho - never say never Thanks folks Midwifey appointment went fine. Dunno what I was worrying about. She seemed really nice an didn't scare or intimidate me Stole some blood wee an checked my blood pressure which was apparently normal (I;m glad - I'd cycled there and thought I might get told off LOL!) I;m feeling good today although a little more tired than yesterday but 2 days in a row cycled to an from work (plus the trip to the midwife and back). Tis only about 12 miles in total but it's something Also 2 days in a row I haven;t fallen asleep after work! Was gonna run tonight but decided against it and will see how I feel tomorrow night! I still keep laughing at the thought of Bedshaped hiding in the bushes - it was fabulous to see you then! Although you did look a little confused when I started yelling what time is it LOL Thanks Neil M - I can't quite remember now Is there a photo of you somewhere I can remind myself! Ooo - I;ve forgotten what else I read... well other than that mad speedy Smifffie woman - look out Berlin (and any other target that may be there )

No, it was just I recognised you from your avatar photo and when I ran past you gave me a shout, I managed a weak 'Thanks', but was knackered near the end so you prob never heard me croak it out.

I'm back in the game running wise, did ½ an hour last night - not long till i start getting al serious again as I'm signed up for Amsterdam mara in October!

10/06/2009 at 19:21

I;m easily confused

Well folks, bag to being tired again LOL. 2 days of not feeling tired after my lunch, the third in a row was too much to ask!

Nevermind - still (carefully bedshaped) cycling the wee short jaunt to an from work

Off for a walk along the road to Asda to try stop myself from falling asleep on the couch!

10/06/2009 at 20:25

Good evening peoples.

Lovely to see you tonight.  Missed you last night after I came home from work with one of the worst migraines I've ever had.  Not only could I not see I was losing the ability to speak properly and was slurring my words, stuttering and forgetting what things were called.  Not had many that bad before

But I'm in finer fettle tonight and have just ran up a long steepish "h" word.  Its 2.8 miles to the top and amazingly 2.8 miles back down.  I almost successfully got all the way up without stopping until I was nearly sick at about the 2.7 miles.  I had to stop for a few seconds to allow my Toffee Crisp from earlier to regain its previous equilibrium and got to the top in 20:30 and after a gentleish 1/2 mile freewheel to recover a bit I then got to fly back down as quick as I could in 17:30.  I know its supposed to do you good but I still hate runs like that.   Give me flatness or treadmills anyday.  On the upside it will soon be winter again and that road is in the countryside and has no lights on it so I only have to do it for another 3 months or so

Just got an e-mail from 2;09 events advertising their new trip to the Athens marathon.  I've booked 2 additional flights to and from heathrow, staying 2 extra nights and staying in a 4* hotel at a bargain price nearer the start than they are offering for £60 less than their 3 night tour tee hee hee.  Unfortunately for that trip a stalker doesn't come as standard

Edited: 10/06/2009 at 20:27
10/06/2009 at 20:29
well when i say nearer the start i mean nearer the place the busses leave to go to the start and the finish.  As the race starts in a city thats not actually Athens I'm sure somebody would point out why my hotel was sooooo much cheaper
10/06/2009 at 20:30
Damn missed the stalker deal
10/06/2009 at 20:38

Ooooh sounds like a nice trip Caniggia. Room for a little person in your suitcase? I'm sure Smiffie's available   I ndid wonder where you got to last night. Sounds like a really crap migraine   Glad it's all better today.

Well done careful Smout and Smoutickle   Happy Asda shopping!!

Evening all

10/06/2009 at 20:40
Can I borrow a jug of milk from someone pleeeeease?  I NEED a cup of tea and hubby's out and I canny get to the shops
10/06/2009 at 20:44

Do you think I might have to change my name from Caniggia 33 to Ketsbaia 6 after another Dundee god now he is manager of Olympiakos in Athens.  Its such a shame this bizarre moment is about all that he is remembered for he was soooooooo good too   I'm sure Mick still appreciates his contempt for the shirt and the gallowgate end.  It makes a mackem proud to see that even some of their own players hate Newcastle

10/06/2009 at 20:50
There is room for a little if smiffie wants to come but she may have to share the suicase with a small cuddley leopard called Leonard who's world travels continue........Its a long story
Edited: 10/06/2009 at 20:57
10/06/2009 at 20:52

Its a tough decision for a one off bit of foreign travel.

10/06/2009 at 20:55
I'm not changing my name for Berlin in honage to the Germans who have played for Dundee Sebastien Kniesel and Vince Mennie (or Mince Vennie as he is still unaffectionately known) are 2 of the worst footballers I've ever seen in my life  
10/06/2009 at 20:59

That guys a nutter Caniggia!!!

Hurry up with the milk guys......

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.