Edinburgh marathoners past and present

welcome to wor new hoose!!!!!!

21 to 40 of 8,349 messages
06/06/2009 at 12:16
I thought you were going to give me jasmine's phone number bungee
06/06/2009 at 12:54
Kiwi be afraid be very afraid the balance of power is shifting and your boys are taking a hell of a beating.  Scotland and Holland are the new forces of world cricket lol
06/06/2009 at 13:48
maybe bowling and fielding is still needs a bit of work   I did laugh at the fat bloke dropping the catch and hoofing it 30 yards in front of him for 4 that was comically bad.
06/06/2009 at 14:03

Hiya.

Found the new place.  Very nice too

Went for a short run last night and it HURT!  My legs suddenly turned to lead after a mile.  Managed about 5 in the end.  Did 5k on dreadmill at the gym this morning as it was chucking it down here.  Much easier than last night!

Off out on the town tonight for Edinburgh, London and Ironman celebrations.  Risking the high heels and hoping my leggies are up for it!

Have a good day everyone.

06/06/2009 at 14:48
Oooh it's quite nice in here Thanks for the welcome Caniggia and glad that as a non-Embra marathoner I can stay here too   I'm making a policy of no more illness or injury so one day.......maybe

I did bring a moving in gift. I hope you all like it. 

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/452793/2/istockphoto_452793-house-plant-pothos.jpg

So on the subject of Embra, I think we should come up with our own route and propose it to the organisers.

Well done Dippycat on the runs. Hope the high heels don't finish you off

Enjoy your run Bungee

Hiya everyone - cricket tho?? C'mon......

06/06/2009 at 14:58

Thanks for the cannabis plant Bedshaped.  Just because holland were playing cricket it doesn't mean you can bring illegal drugs into our new place.

I told you it was the best house ever.  Have you seen our new custom built naughty step it should keep me, Kiwi and DCB amused for hours when we are shunned by the rest of you

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/images/tutorials/Nintendo/PT-Nintendo.jpg

Have fun tonight dippycat.

06/06/2009 at 15:07
Oh, liking the new hoose. Hello. My names Karen and i'm bonkers.
06/06/2009 at 15:47
Hiya karen help yourself to beer and blackforest gateaux.   Should you not be having a 500 mile training run or are you tapering????
06/06/2009 at 15:49

Football coming on soon.  Come on Khazakstan!!!!!!

http://www.informationarchitects.jp/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/borat3_wideweb__470x303,0.jpg

06/06/2009 at 15:55
Not keen on blackforest Caniggia but i'll have a beer. Yeah kinda taper for me, might go do a nice long training run tomorrow though. Taperings for big girlies.
06/06/2009 at 16:19

Hi Bungee! Yes, Dublin is calling! Never been there. Going with my mum, her friend and my sister. Can see a bit of liquid carb loading happening . Haven't been too well the last year, so just getting back into things...

An arbroath 10K? Is it entry on the day? Might do that one.

06/06/2009 at 17:06

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/events/viewevent.asp?sp=&v=2&EN=49152

I've never run this one before. It starts at the high school NOT THE ACCADEMY!!!!!  The high school is right in the east end of the town just before you head out into the countryside. If you drive up the high street and keep following the bendy road round past the pedestrian precint and drive for anothe couple of miles you will find it no probs.  The school is on the left when you see the thanks for driving safely signs.  Entries are allowed on the day.

I've been doing some carb loading.  I've had some Touretti Spaghetti for my tea.  Its a bit like alphabetti spaghetti but you can only make rude words with it

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/92/234941112_559851da28.jpg?v=0

Edited: 06/06/2009 at 17:07
06/06/2009 at 17:22
Ohhh this hammock is ace, pint of cider in hand.  Think I'll support next year, and not run
06/06/2009 at 17:33

Afternoon all

Canny idea Can33.Hope I can pop in every now and again?

Managed 3 Edinburgh marathons so far....06,08 and 09....looking forward to 2010.

06/06/2009 at 17:38

Wow, a first for me, managed to read throuhg all the posts, lovely initial post caniggia. You're a big softie.

Hiya Mick, hope you had a good race this year.

I did the 06 and the 08 and aint got no plans to run it again!!  

Yeah yeah Smiffie, i can see you not running it - NOT!!

06/06/2009 at 18:16
Hello Karen-aye had a canny race this year.From 23 mile I suffered due to the heat. 
Edited: 06/06/2009 at 18:17
06/06/2009 at 18:28
I suffered from the heat too at the race and didn't even run it!!
06/06/2009 at 18:32

Oh what nice housemates we have  better than Big Brother!!! Am NOT watchhing that this year, as soon as I do I get hooked on the crap that it is!!!

Luvverly plant bedshaped, you are so thoughtful  pity Can is going to smoke it though

Karen our ultra queen, how many miles you doing 2mro then 500 or 501

I did a great 7 mile run today, felt good and at 9.42 pace  good for me lol So this is it now for the next 16 weeks then its a week of doing nothing before the big day lol Oh I do hope I can keep the training going and not get fed up as usual!!!! I NEED that sub 4.30!!!!

Hiya Mick how did you get on last Sunday?

Smiffie I concur (thought I'd bring a bit of sophistication to the hoose) with Karen there is no way you are spectating next year  you wouldn't cope lol Whereas I can cope quite nicely  as long as my brother doesn't do another disappearing act to the first aid tent!!!!  I am going to get settled in at the finish with my picnic hamper of goodies and my pom poms  

KP glad you seem to be back on track after your time off, enjoy Arbroath, it does say entry on the day

Seeing Borat I am looking forward to seeing his new film Bruno, it looks absolutely shocking!!!  He has got guts that guy with some of the stuff he does, the naked wrestling in the hotels in Borat was MAD!!!!!!

Tea on, corn fed chicken done in slo cooker with roast tatties and brocolli, hubby away out on another call in Edinburgh Pizza Hut lol so will eat when he gets home.

Got my great nieces 1 yr old birthday party at my sis's tomorrow afternoon so will take pics of her and my month old great nephew  My sister will be in seventh heaven lol

06/06/2009 at 18:34

Mile 23 is not bad going Mick!!!  Have you got in built air conditioning? lol Or maybe you have Kenyan heritage without knowing it

06/06/2009 at 18:46

He is used to handling extreme heat as a result of all that ironing he does!!!!!!

Mick Have you stopped laughing at the barcodes yet????

Edited: 06/06/2009 at 18:46
21 to 40 of 8,349 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.