Edinburgh marathoners past and present

welcome to wor new hoose!!!!!!

7,801 to 7,820 of 8,349 messages
05/06/2011 at 19:48
Lol well done!
06/06/2011 at 19:17

Hi gang

Still no running as it is marathon recovery time. However last year one week  after London and before Riga I ran a 10k race, so it is nice to have the time off. I am targeting a local race the Wellington 10 miler in July , so we will see how that goes. Will get into some more intensive stuff next week, but at the moment it is all UKCC course work for me ,lots of study and swot and assignments etc. BLOODY HELL ,I am talking running again. I do apologise to everyone !!!

06/06/2011 at 20:29

That is a long way back home to New Zealand just to run a 10k.   Is it hard running in rubber boots when you are so used to trainers?

Kiwi that doesn't really constitute talking about running.  It is talking about having the intention to run which by definition means that you are not running so that meats the posting criteria on this forum.

Guess who is at it again?????  and there are no superinjunctions to spare his blushes this time.   People have always said he was a family man.  Looks like a much closer family than most of the families I know.

Edited: 06/06/2011 at 22:27
09/06/2011 at 14:07

Afternoon. It's been a long time but I knew I'd eventually get the opportunity to skive in work. How is everyone?   

09/06/2011 at 19:46

Hiya Greg,

Nice to see you found your way home after your flirtation with another Edinburgh marathon forum.   How did you get on this year?

I'm not too bad thanks.  Been better been worse.  Running is still pretty eratic but there have been a few carrots at the end of the tunnel as Stuart Pearce would say since my marathon disaster.  I keep saying things could only get better but that never seems to be the case.

I think we should have a wee vidyo we haven't had a vidyo for a while.

10/06/2011 at 20:06
These are sentences exactly as typed by medical secretaries in NHS Greater Glasgow:

1. The patient has no previous history of suicide.

2. Patient has left her white blood cells at another hospital.

3. Patient's medical history has been remarkably insignificant with only a 40 pound weight gain in the past three days.

4. She has no rigors or shaking chills, but her husband states she was very hot in bed last night.

5. Patient has chest pain if she lies on her left side for over a year.

6. On the second day the knee was better and on the third day it disappeared.

7. The patient is tearful and crying constantly. She also appears to be depressed.

8. The patient has been depressed since she began seeing me in 1993.

9. Discharge status:- Alive, but without my permission.

10. Healthy appearing decrepit 69-year old male, mentally alert, but forgetful.

11. Patient had waffles for breakfast and anorexia for lunch.

12. She is numb from her toes down.

13. While in ER, she was examined, x-rated and sent home.

14. The skin was moist and dry.

15. Occasional, constant infrequent headaches.

16. Patient was alert and unresponsive.

17. Rectal examination revealed a normal size thyroid.

18. She stated that she had been constipated for most of her life until she got a divorce.

19. I saw your patient today, who is still under our care for physical therapy.

20. Both breasts are equal and reactive to light and accommodation.

21. Examination of genitalia reveals that he is circus sized.

22. The lab test indicated abnormal lover function.

23. Skin: somewhat pale, but present.

24. The pelvic exam will be done later on the floor.

25. Large brown stool ambulating in the hall.

26. Patient has two teenage children, but no other abnormalities.

27. When she fainted, her eyes rolled around the room.

28. The patient was in his usual state of good health until his airplane ran out of fuel and crashed.

29. Between you and me, we ought to be able to get this lady pregnant.

30. She slipped on the ice and apparently her legs went in separate directions in early December.

31. Patient was seen in consultation by Dr. Smith, who felt we should sit on the abdomen and I agree.

32. The patient was to have a bowel resection. However, he took a job as a stock broker instead.

33. By the time he was admitted, his rapid heart had stopped, and he was feeling better.
11/06/2011 at 00:07

Markk thought you might need a wee hand with the job hunting.  Hope this helps

What recruiting phrases really mean...

<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->"COMPETITIVE SALARY:" We remain competitive by paying less than our competitors.

"JOIN OUR FAST-PACED COMPANY:" We have no time to train you you'll have to introduce yourself to your coworkers.

"NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED LEADER:" Inc. Magazine wrote us up a few years ago, but we haven't done anything innovative since.

"IMMEDIATE OPENING:" The person who used to have this job gave notice a month ago. We're just now running the ad.

"SALES POSITION REQUIRING MOTIVATED SELF-STARTER:" We're not going to supply you with leads there's no base salary you'll wait 30 days for your first commission check.

"SELF-MOTIVATED:" Management won't answer questions.

"WE OFFER GREAT BENEFITS:" After 90 days, you can join our HMO, which has a $500 deductible and a $25 co-pay.

"PENSION/RETIREMENT BENEFITS:" After 3 years, we'll allow you to fund your own 401(k) and, if you behave, we'll give you a 5 percent matching contribution.

" SEEKING ENTHUSIASTIC, FUN, HARD WORKING, PEOPLE:"...who still live with their parents and won't mind our internship-level salaries.

"CASUAL WORK ATMOSPHERE:" We don't pay enough to expect that you'll dress up well, a couple of the real daring guys wear earrings.

"COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT:" We have a lot of turnover.

"EXCITING AND PROFESSIONAL WORK ENVIRONMENT:" Guys in gray suits will bore you with tales of squash and their weekends on yachts.

"JOIN OUR DYNAMIC TEAM:" We all listen to nutty motivational tapes.

"FUN WORK ENVIRONMENT:" Your coworkers will be insulted if you don't drink with them.

"A DRUG-FREE WORK ENVIRONMENT:" We booze it up at company parties

"MUST BE DEADLINE ORIENTED:" You'll be six months behind schedule on your first day.

"SOME PUBLIC RELATIONS REQUIRED:" If we're in trouble, you'll go on TV and get us out of it

"SOME OVERTIME REQUIRED:" Some time each night and some time each weekend.

"SALARY RANGE $24k-$32k:" We'll offer you $22k to start.

"A HIGHLY VISIBLE POSITION:" You'll give boring speeches on your own time.

"FLEXIBLE HOURS:" Work 40 hours get paid for 25.

"COLLEGE DEGREE PREFERRED:" Unless you wasted those four years studying something useless like philosophy, English or religion.

"PROBLEM-SOLVING SKILLS A MUST:" You're walking into a company in perpetual chaos.

"REQUIRES TEAM LEADERSHIP SKILLS:" You'll have the responsibilities of a manager, without the pay or respect.

"GOOD COMMUNICATION SKILLS:" Management communicates, you listen, figure out what they want and do.

<!-- / message -->
12/06/2011 at 16:57
Good afternoon everybody

Oh dear marathon training has started again. It was quite nice for a few weeks not having sore leggies on a sunday morning. Only 15 weeks until hibernation starts!!!!!

Bored bored bored bored bored. So many things I could be doing and I'm sitting at mum and dads watching fat folk playing football on the tele as there is nout much else on. Oh to be back in newcastle when I wasn't required to report in and my weekends were my own!!!!
13/06/2011 at 20:13
Fed up.
14/06/2011 at 12:38
Fed Up , solicitor this afternoon......... sh1t this is where it gets hard...........
14/06/2011 at 13:08
I feel an injunction coming my way
14/06/2011 at 18:58
Better do some stalking before it kicks in  
14/06/2011 at 19:10
Rumour has it that Markk got his arse kicked in the dad's egg and spoon race for a second successive week!!!!!!
14/06/2011 at 21:05
No I was busy falling off a ladder this afternoon. Both shins bloody and bruised

Should make the 7 Hills painful in a new way this weekend.

Still no fecking job
14/06/2011 at 21:28

Markk that is quite sad you are now self harming to avoid getting thrashed by the other dads in the egg and spoon race.

Smiffie hope you got on well with your solicitor.  I didn't think your dog would have pressed charges for the post speed session knee capping a few weeks back.  I believe your defence of it being an "accident" and that you just tripped over him even if the judge and your dog are not convinced.  I may even have some photos  to help prove your innocence

Edited: 14/06/2011 at 21:32
15/06/2011 at 18:45
I wonder what markk learnt on Day 3 of his "How to be a  Chuckle Brother" Course?
15/06/2011 at 22:12

Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooossssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

I ran fab tonight.  I had an interval session on the dreadmill and managed to cover 5 miles in 28:54.   If only I could do things like that outdoors.

After that I thought I'd do some weights and core stuff.  I did a few planks to finish.

http://blstb.msn.com/i/28/453D869F5B9B571B3C4DB7A7687CC.jpg

15/06/2011 at 22:13
http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2011/05/12/article-1305201637955-0C0568B100000578-987017_466x310.jpg

15/06/2011 at 22:14

http://cdn.sitetrail.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/planking.jpg

15/06/2011 at 22:15
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9jOCFntdnck/TdcgYofwB5I/AAAAAAAAAFU/wNhTfWiv9qE/s400/jet%2Bplanking.jpg

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.