Edinburgh marathoners past and present

welcome to wor new hoose!!!!!!

61 to 80 of 8,349 messages
06/06/2009 at 21:48
Och, that was close with your rat Smiffie.    I thought treadmills are always out on their calibration....
06/06/2009 at 21:53
Know they are always out a bit, but mine is saying its going at one speed, but then distance run in that time say's it wasn't going at that speed.  Can't it just lie to me and display a message saying you are 8 1/2 stone and run like a goddess?  Its a bloody machine doesn't have to worry anyone will send it to the naughty step!
06/06/2009 at 21:55
You are a fine physical specimen and run like a goddess
06/06/2009 at 22:06

HI guys,

Great idea Canniggia

I've done 4 Embra Mara's now,   2004.  2006.  2007.  2008.

Tbh, my favourite was 2004 starting at Holyrood Park with the sound of cannon fire, and running through the city centre amongst the sound of bagpipers on street corners. Although the new route is faster, its much more boooring ! 

Worst moment,  2007..... getting drenched before the race even started and then getting soaked some more and blown all over the place, also missing out on a sub3 by 36 secs

Bestest moment 2008...... meeting out with some of the gang on here for a pre-race eveing meal, excellently organised by Karen D  !   And finishing in 2:58 !

Nice to see some of the 'old gang' on here too.

I'd like to say i'd be at edinburgh in 2010, but as i'm now 'racing' ultra's will just have to wait and see.

06/06/2009 at 22:06
06/06/2009 at 22:30

Soph you are all or nothing you!!!! 72 miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jeez my lady you just don't do anything by halves do you  and there were 'H's involved (just keeping Can happy, he'll start twitching if I say the word in full!!!) Rest up 2mro, you exhaust me just thinking about it lol

Hey there Flying Ant good to see you on here again  

Smiffie take heart I am just over 8 1/2 st and I can only dream of running at your speed!!! So being a sub 9 only guarantees smaller jeans not faster legs  Get Can to fix up a swanky ultra modern gym in the hoose here with surround sound tele and music videos to let the dread time fly by with the greatest of ease  Can how much is in the communal piggy bank, will it stretch to a garage revamp for a gym??

06/06/2009 at 22:38
Hi Bungee  
06/06/2009 at 22:56

LOL Bungee  

So Caniggia33 can we get a ultra swanky dreadmill to go with the surround sound TV

Hi Flying Ant

06/06/2009 at 23:02

Hi Smiffie

Hi Triple S

06/06/2009 at 23:29

The treadmills are in place on the mezzanine level of our swanky pad.  I'm not sure I can run to the plasma system until I get paid.  Do not fear though as to help in the meantime have some Berocca for you all to help make treadmill sessions much more interesting.  I get a discount on them at Superdrug  

Nitey nite everybody I've got some hills to run up and wind to run into in the morning

06/06/2009 at 23:56

LOL I'd fall flat on my face trying to re-enact that

got to get to page 10, chapter 4 before revision book can close

07/06/2009 at 00:01
Nope had enough, nite nite
07/06/2009 at 00:25

Nite Smifffie

Man that bean bags tooo comfy - I;ve slept all day. Ready for my Gateaux now tho - any left? And a weee tiny sip of the cider....please

Cannae find the remote control for the telly.... I never watch the telly much but I still want to be able to change the channel while still on my lazy butt!

Welcome everybody to the new hoos. Isn;t Can brilliant to us
07/06/2009 at 00:26
Well Smifffie - at least we were beyond Page 4 post 10 for you going to bed eh

nite all!
Edited: 07/06/2009 at 02:05
07/06/2009 at 08:18

Morning,

boy did I sleep well last night, bit punch drunk type state this morning though.    Have a good day all, good luck to any racers.x

07/06/2009 at 08:46

Morning all the sun is a shining  

In the last big brother I did like the task where they had to re-enact that treadmill video, just had a look on youtube god there are some scary videos of shall we say VERY big boned girls with a LOT of skin round their very big bones!!!!! On treadmills etc but they are more gross than funny !!!  These people should keep those views to themselves until they don't have as much skin!!!!

Hubby away to work again so once I have had tidied up and walked the boys I think I may go for a wee cycle before heading over to my sisters. NOT 72 miles though Soph!!!!  Meant to rain by lunchtime so I better get a move on lol

Smout remember to puff up the beanbag again once you have separated yourself from it, so it still looks nice and inviting, I wonder how many of them you will go thru before may next year lol

07/06/2009 at 08:48
Morning Soph no wonder you slept well my girl!!!!!  It was only a week ago you did your forbidden marathon aswell!
07/06/2009 at 12:31

Oh me again!!!
That's me back from my cycle, did 21 miles in 1.58, have never cycled that far before lol Stopped on route to get a cheesburger from a van at Markinch Highland Games lol  Wahey

Away to demank and then better tidy up a bit before I go to my sisters!  lol

07/06/2009 at 12:46

Afternoon all

Can33-I don't think I'll ever stop laughing at the 'bar codes'.I wore my Sunderland vest last Sunday and there were a few comments made to me about the geordies slipping into the championship-all nice may I add.

Bungee-Aye I was on for a 4hr marathon last sunday until 23 mile.Got over the line in 4hr23mns.Really suffered afterwards.

KarenD-Going for a wee jog later then ive got a pile of ironing to do.

Running the Blaydon race this Tuesday.A nice run of 5.9mile.Very popular race in the northeast of England.A nice selection of Black pudding,Tripe,Ham and pease pudding sandwiches,bottles of beer at the finish.

07/06/2009 at 13:05

Good afternoon everybody,

Not really sure how I ran there.   The course would be described as slightly undulating by the good people of fife and it was a bit blowy.  I think the blowyness made it feel more uphill than it actually was on the way out as there seemed a lot more uphill bits on the way back than I thought there should have been.  I know I struggle on "h" words at the best of time but I need to find a bit more oooomph to get up and still leave myself enough oooooomph to get back down again. 6:47, 6:55, 7:07 going up 6:25, 6:18, 6:05 coming down and 1:21 for the last 1/4 mile.  Not brill but better than last week.

Hope you all slept well in your comfy new beds

Cheeseburger sounds good

61 to 80 of 8,349 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.