welcome to wor new hoose!!!!!!

7,981 to 8,000 of 8,349 messages
02/11/2011 at 17:16

London doesnt count  

Only races that I can actually enter do

Everything else is just a waste of shoe rubber

02/11/2011 at 19:53
Evening all

Can, sorry to hear about your work or lack of it! Nightmare. Hope it picks up soon.

Just had a nice bowl of home made roasted veggie soup yum yum Should be doing some sort of housework but its amazing how the night goes in when you are keeping your laptop company lol
02/11/2011 at 23:35

I've got the housework covered bungle don't worry about it.  Put your feet up and enjoy the footie on the tele.

Other than being astonishingly spawney like Bungle there is an "easy" way into London Markk.  Be as good as Kiwi and Smiffie and qualify every year.  The only snag to the "easy" criteria is being able to run sub 3h.  Shall we just leave it to the experts?????

03/11/2011 at 22:49
All relative for a young'un like you eh super speedy Caniggia33

Why they springing cancellations on you, no fair at such short notice...

03/11/2011 at 23:33

Guten Abend Frau Schmidt und meine anderen Freunde,

The words super and speedy have not been associated with my running for a long time as well you know.  I don't think I can claim to be disadvantaged by age and gender in these things seeing as you have won our last 2 encounters.

The reason I am getting cancelled is all down to money.  A few of the big companies have been across the water to bankrupt Ireland and to Ulster where the NHS budget has been savaged by the government cuts and wages have been dropping and dropped a load of pharmacists more cash than they can earn back home but well below market value in Scotland.  The offer is pretty much go ASAP and when they arive in Scotland some poor locum who has been prebooked for months gets told to sod off with next to no notice to find any other work.  Unfortunately Boots brought them en masse and I took a 25 day hit over a 3 month period with 4 days notice before the cancellations started.  To make matters worse I was still in Australia when I received the e-mail to say I'd been punted.  Officially we only have to give each other 48 hours notice so I don't have a leg to stand on.  Its a false economy as the reason a lot of these folk can't find work and are surplus to requirements at home is because they are not very good and will get absolutely swamped in the busy pharmacies especially as christmas approaches.  A good few home grown locums (myself included) charge a fair bit more but can handle whatever is thrown at us, we check more prescriptions to more than cover our wages and have less hacked off patients leaving the pharmacy with their undispensed prescriptions never to be seen again.  (The only time I am described as speedy is when the sh!t hits the fan when I'm working).  What will happen is they will end up putting 2 dodgy pharmacists in one pharmacy and spend £10 more an hour than they would of if they had just stuck with the folk that do the job pretty well all year long.  It will cost the companies money and the locums money.  Everyone's a loser.

Rant over.

Nitey nite

05/11/2011 at 21:54

To run or not to run a 10 mile race in the morning.  I just don't know. The last race I had was Sydney and it was not a particularly pleasent experience.  Is it odd to go to a race and not take a watch with you so you can be blissfully unaware that you have ran a really horific time??????

Dundee won a game at home today and are off the bottom of the league.  I think we may finish this season with less points than we did last and we had a 25 point penalty to contend with last season.  I'm a bit bermused with who there was a minutes silence before the match which nobody in the ground seemed to know who it was for.  Its too early for remembrance sunday but the only person we could think who had died recently was Jimmy Saville.  Surely we didn't have a minute's silence for Jimmy Saville.  Maybe we wrote him a letter a could of weeks ago asking if he could fix it for us to sign a goalscorer.

I think I may have witnessed the shortest Dundee career in our 117 year history.  After 1/4 of the season of not being able to buy a goal we signed Callum Elliott form Hearts yesterday on loan.  He was on the pitch for a total of 80s before wrecking his knee in the 1st challenge of the match and is unlikely to ever play for us again.  Whats amazing was 60 of the 80 seconds were taken up observing the minutes silence for Jimmy Saville which didn't require him to move off the spot.  If you didn't laugh at times watching Dundee you would cry.

06/11/2011 at 12:16

Hi all

How was Aus Caniggia ????

07/11/2011 at 00:02

Hiya Mr Kiwi.  Australia was fab provided you took away the running and the travel to get there and back.  I'll pop in for more of a natter tomorrow.

Thought I would share this slight mishap from last night.  Due to a computer glitch Oban's firework display didn't go as planned.  The 30 minute display lasted 50s after the computer crashed and let off all the fireworks at the same time.  I suppose it was better than having to stand about getting cold.  Its not good when your sparkler lasts longer than the official display lol

70:30ish for 10 miler today.  Not too bad for a hilly course given my recent lack of training.  It was about 7 minutes better than the last time I ran it about 6 years ago.  Can I claim a PB!!!!!!!!!

Edited: 07/11/2011 at 00:41
07/11/2011 at 08:47
Morning all!

For my efforts at the Glen Ogle ultra I got a stinking cold....well not exactly, but proof that if you ever think of running a long distance when it's a tad cold and damp AND have a case of the sniffles it's a poor decission. That said I'm happy finishing in the top half of the field and some how nearly pb'd at 26.2 miles.... No idea how that happened lol! a good race if you fancy a wee step up to ultras. Speaking of which entering the SUMS races for 2012 means I'm going to have to print me own cash to do them all - this racing thing gets expensive when you've nae income at the present time.
07/11/2011 at 21:30

Howdi again just checking the biscuit barrel but it's as empty as my own

Well done at Glen Ogle Markk. Heard it was a good race tho a tad undulating? Next year I'm entering nowt! I wasted so much cash this year on races I didn't run so that's it unless it's (a) free or (b) enter on the day forget it lol

Howdi everyone else

07/11/2011 at 21:43

Late entries are always a bad idea Bedshaped.  There is always a reason why you haven't got round to sending off the entry and the penny will normally drop at around the half way mark.  I take it the Dundee half will be the one race you pre-enter next year as you seemed to really enjoy that one.

Bedshaped the biscuit barrel may be empty but there are still a couple of caramac ice-cream bars in the freezer.

07/11/2011 at 21:59

I'm gonna go and kick the dundee half's ass one day you can be sure of that!! I may do the Kirkintilloch Half again cos I ran it 34mins quicker than Dundee and bagged myself a PB in the process. What a difference a few weeks makes eh?!

Ice cream I'll pass on thanks but when there's biscuits particularly of the chocolate variety I'll sniff them out quicker than the vultures sniffed out this poor deid hippo on the telly.

07/11/2011 at 21:59

Aussieland was good Mr Kiwi,

Bridge to brisbane was a pretty decent experience, Brisbane was a a bit of a nothing kind of city and I was staying in a grim bit of town (not what it said in the brochure) which didn't help.  To be honest if I hadn't been so jetlagged it would have helped.

Got on surprisingly well with my big sis, enjoyed a couple of days in sydney, bondi, zoo etc which was fun.  Spent a lot of time chasing small children around the garden and trying to keep them entertained but didn't really know how to.  God I'm scared of small kids!!!!!  The race was a painful experience.  Great start and finish to the race but some bits of it was absoltely mind numbing, some grim and some just downright demoralising.  I think if you were to go all that distance to run a marathon you should head to your home country and run Auckland.  It will also be an awful lot cooler than Sydney which was a bit too scorchio to run 26 miles.

Australia is the most expensive place I have ever been in my life.  If you go take plenty of pennies with you.  If all countries had to take on the identity of a supermarket Australia is so expensive it makes Sweden look like a branch of Lidl.

07/11/2011 at 22:02

PB what is this rare beast you talk of??????

Don't think I got near one of them all year.  I was 1 min off over 10k, nearly 5 minutes for 10 miles, 5 minutes for a half marathon and 46 minutes for a marathon.  Not a vintage year.

07/11/2011 at 22:05

07/11/2011 at 22:06

07/11/2011 at 22:06

07/11/2011 at 22:07
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.