Edinburgh marathoners past and present

welcome to wor new hoose!!!!!!

8,141 to 8,160 of 8,349 messages
27/01/2012 at 22:27

27/01/2012 at 22:33

27/01/2012 at 22:34
An epic tale
28/01/2012 at 08:36
Hello everyone. Having some PF trouble in the foot department at the moment so no more than a couple of light runs a week at the moment.
28/01/2012 at 08:55
That's a shame markk. On the upside you have plenty of time to enjoy r kelly in the closet
28/01/2012 at 20:38
The 3rd 6 day week on the trot has taken its toll I'm absolutely knackered.  Do I really have to go for a long run tomorrow.   Thank god I get a weekend off next weekend before I start another run of six day weeks after that.
31/01/2012 at 19:33
Hi all. Have been way behind on what is happening on the thread. Any gossip ??
31/01/2012 at 22:57

Whats been going on????????

I've been talking to myself, markk has been injured, smiffie has been contemplating moving over to the dark side into the weirdy beardy world of ultra running and R Kelly has been trapped in the closet.

Can I have a wee rant abut how sh!t my job is again (I can have a rant in here rather than pusbook where my proper friends in here aren't infiltrated with spies from people I have to work with from time to time!!!!).  Another company has jumped on the band wagon and slashed locum rates.  One is saying I can only work for them if I except a £35-40 a day pay cut and make no differentiation between a pharmacist qualified for a day, someone who is a complete zoomer and someone like me with 10 years experience who works bloody hard for my cash. I'm pretty sure that I have missed something in the world of self employed people as I thought it was the person that was being employeed that set the rate and not the person doing the employing.  When I phone a sparky if I have a fault in my house and he says his call out is £50 and he is £25 an hour thereafter I take it that is what his rate is and isn't negotiable in a marakesh market style.  If I think its a bit steep I phone someone else.  What I have never done is tell the 1st sparky that there is a recession and I am only prepared to pay him a fraction of his fee and I expect him to do the job for a lot less than he normally works.  If I did I think he would tell me to piss off and sit in the dark until I was prepared to pay for the call out.   That is a similar stance to the one I have taken I hope it doesn't blow up in my face.  Why did I waste five feckin A's on being a pharmacist when I could have got a good job that paid about 5 times as much. 

02/02/2012 at 20:15

Sorry to hear all that mate. I am sure there is a lottery ticket with your name on it somewhere. Imagine spending all your time running marathons around the world and not having to worry about cost. Sorry to hear about your injury MARKK, and SMIFFFIE going to the dark side , OH DEAR!!!

02/02/2012 at 22:04

Not even won a tenner in ages.  By the laws of averages I am going to win something soon and in the absence of wee wins when I do win I should win BIG!!!!!!  Now  where did I put that pile of scratch cards

Its a shocking move Kiwi ultra marathons are an awful long.  At least your forray into ultra running was purely accidental.  As much as I enjoy a bit of stalking its way too far to stalk somebody on foot.   I could still stalk her it in the car though

05/02/2012 at 14:35

Hope you are all enjoying your snow down south.  Not a flake of it hear in Beanoland

Enjoying my 1st weekend off in ages if you can really use the term enjoy to describe it.   Having just seen Scotland press self destruct against England and the worst rangers side in years lose to that shower of sh!te fae across the road in the scottish cup the enjoyment part has been a bit questionable.

20 miles on the dreadmill yesterday and just a teency weency bit knackered today.  Think its time to put feet up and watch more footie and rugby.

06/02/2012 at 20:18

You could have come up to Forfar yesterday Caniggia and then you'd have had a run in snow!  Glad you enjoyed your weekend off.

07/02/2012 at 22:53

Hope you had fun in Forfar on sunday and a bridie to heat you up after the event.   It is not a race I have ever done before even though it is just up the road.  I think it must be something to do with the stories of knee deep muddy puddles which don't seem like all that much fun to run through.

Just had someone post something through my door about the sport relief races in the area.  I know they will be absolutely shocking and I would be the oldest runner by about 20 years but one is at my old high school.   I've always been intreagued by whether all my training is actually worth it.  I reckon I was probably faster when I was 14 doing cross country and was about the 3rd last lad home in my class at cross country.  Quite fancy having a couple of laps of the old cross country course and see if I could do it in anywhere near 14 minutes after years of training.  If I can't bollox to long runs, tempo runs, speed sessions, weights etc I'm just doing to have a kick about for 30 minutes every lunchtime.

Oh its almost bedtime already.  Only just home from work and a really dreary meeting.  I'm so proud I'm now qualified to write prescriptions for biscuits on the NHS.  I'm not sure that was high on the list of things I wanted to do when I signed up to do that pharmacy degree all those years back.

11/02/2012 at 08:26
Morning all !! Where is everyone ??
11/02/2012 at 08:48
I'm here mr kiwi
12/02/2012 at 09:29
Morning all!

Bemused about the client setting the prices....a dangerous trend Can, but you get what you pays for, so when the first child is given a bottle of methadone by mistake.....

Managed a wee 14 mile trot yesterday with some light dreadmill work during the week. Still getting some PF pain but no where like as bad as its been. Hopping that this will be like tennis elbow and eventually it will just go away of its own accord.

PG3
12/02/2012 at 09:50
hey if anyone has a place they want to sell/transfer, please let me know. There seem to be lots of thread for Edinburgh marathon so sorry for hijacking, I just want to get a place.

Thanks!!
13/02/2012 at 21:50

Evening everybody.

Well my knee has recovered not too badly after it was awfy no well for a few days last week.  Mustered 13 miles yesterday which is my furthest outdoors this year.  It wasn't very quick and I certainly didn't have another 13 in me but I suppose Italy's capital city wasn't constructed by greasy wops all that quickly.  Still 11 weeks to go until I have to do the same again.

Markk the big pharmacy companies are absolutely killing the job and themselves at the same time.  Every year the number of prescriptions and silly services goes up, staff levels go down and the pressure and responsibility is going through the roof.  Actually having extra pharmacists should have been the opportunity to redress the balance and make the job doable again but for some reason the big 2 used it to kick locums and pay sweeties instead of proper wages to some newly qualified folk desperate for work.  Everyones a loser.

PipG my next door neighbours house is up for sale if you are interested.   I haven't entered at all this year so I can't help I'm afraid.  Feel free to come in, pull up a pew and make yourself at home in out house.  Everybody is welcome in here.

16/02/2012 at 23:11

8 mile run on a school night at 6:33/mile. Why did I think that was a good idea just spent the last 2 hours sound asleep on the sofa.

Long lie beckons tomorrow don't start in Asda until 2pm.

19/02/2012 at 21:26
Mmmmmmm that was an interesting run today.  16 miles in 1:54 and that was with the 1st 8 miles to get to the oil rigs all being into a pretty strong wind.  I was just about buggered by the end of it but with the wind at my back on the way home my mile splits didn't really start to tail off.  Not sure there were another 10.2 miles in the tank today but saying that I didn't have any drinks or sugary things to keep me going either which I would do on race day.  Maybe just maybe........
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.