Edinburgh marathoners past and present

welcome to wor new hoose!!!!!!

141 to 160 of 8,349 messages
08/06/2009 at 19:51

Ugh, was looking at the pictures of the marathon and just saw one of my ex running with his top off!

What the hell was I thinking!?

08/06/2009 at 19:54
Hi Gang, where is the brig bash run being held, and what is it, any info, the cakes sound appealing.
DCB
08/06/2009 at 19:57

You're in trouble for that one Caniggia I'm sure.  They will kick one ankle each when they find you, you BFG .  Good job you have a friend called Sophie and can speak to the queen.

http://www.roalddahlday.info/Assets/Roald_Dahls_BFG.jpg

Karen it points North (more or less), that is the top bit of the earth where there is snow and ice and no penguins  

DCB
08/06/2009 at 20:01

Soph - you look good in pink

Kirrie - a ran past a guy with no top and remember thinking, "what is he thinking....."

Right that is me off home - I've been here 13 hrs and that is enough for one day.

08/06/2009 at 20:08

what cholcolate biscuits do they have up there DCB?

The Brig Bash is held in Bridge of.........which one is it weir, allen or earn??????....Earn I think. The one just a few miles south of perth!!!!!!! Its a 5 mile loop of the town and a bit of countryside round the outside of the town.  Its pretty flat one gradual down bit and one gradual up but nothing to really be describes as an "h" word which is nice for a race after work.  They have a vast array of cakes!!!!!!!

I was 12th out of 94 folk yesterday.  The 1st lassie who is really good was only 5s behind the 1st laddie which is lots closer than most races and the winners was 5 minutes slower than last years winner.  I think that result  means the field was of an amazingly low quality rather than I ran well!!!!!!

08/06/2009 at 20:11

If it was the shirtless man from the tour of fife DCB probably nothing much

08/06/2009 at 20:31
Do you like my specs too DCB?
08/06/2009 at 20:46

Evening all! Boy that took all day to read back

Smiffie I can't decide whether my hair is greyer or it's the paint from the ceiling lol   

Hello newbies  

Kiwis, maybe I will run it one day but I do such a good line in support it would be a shame for my pom poms to go to waste   I am doing Loch Ness Marathon tho so does that count???

Well done Hellen on your marathon - again!! 2nd lady, very impressive!!!

Now I can't think of what everyone else wrote

08/06/2009 at 20:49
Sophie's Super Specs!!!!!!
08/06/2009 at 21:09
oh and here Caniggia, take a big kick in the ankles!
08/06/2009 at 21:15

A Watson THIS IS the Brig Bash details, Bridge of Earn like Can said, lovely summer quiet country road run. The spread afterwards is like nothing I have ever seen at a race before. Its  

Just a quickie folks, hi again all. Mind be quiet cos I'm heading off to bed to read THIS BOOK or rather skim thru it for a course I'm on on Wed! And I'm in early again this week so I need my sleep  Plan a run after work tomorrow.

nite nite x

08/06/2009 at 21:18

Sunday name Can!!!  Tut, kick in the ankles....   Anyway, you know it's my special shoes, not super specs! 

You going for a blue rinse bedshaped?

Waves to everyone.

Had a sh1t run this eve, totally depressing with my carp lungs.  So, I came home and cried!  Och well, tomorrow is a new day.

Edited: 08/06/2009 at 21:34
08/06/2009 at 21:31

Are carp lungs not called fins?????

Its not just your running thats a bit off tonight your smilies have gone to pot too.  Its like reading one of Kiwi's posts

08/06/2009 at 21:35

I edited and resubmitted to fix the smilies Can!

Unfortunately, I don't swim like a fish Can.  It's more like doggy paddle at the moment.

08/06/2009 at 21:43
i dont swim at all I bloody hate it!!!!!!
08/06/2009 at 21:45
LOL folks - too much fun to be had in here tonight eh

Is there anywhere to sit with no paint drips

Someone asked how AFresh got on (I think) - bit of a useless mention I don;t remember seeing anything back in the other hoos.

Well Folks - I feel a bit better today having slept most of the weekend away. Then OH an I falling asleep on the floor in the wee room downstairs lastnight! He'd recorded the Apprentice through the Satellite we'd put up yesterday (livingroom PCs been bust so on dodgy telly in there at the minute). ANyways we sat on the floor with pillows an cushions to watch it (only one officey chair in there) - then both of us nodded of pretty much straight after it! I woke at 2 ish but he didn't come upstairs with me. Finally made it to bed after 5 - he said this it was too far he could get up - two flights of stairs LOL

Anyways - OH is V happy with his new free sky stuff (or something). Apparently if he was remotely interested he would be able to watch an England game that's on soon in High Def? ?

Ooo I had a massage tonight - we bit tights bits but not bad at all - think Benedetta was pleasantly surprised with my post marathon pregnant state

Nearly think I'm ready for bed tonight - the whole night too! Determined to tr not to fall asleep at my desk this week!

OOO Oooo - I have my first midwife appointment tomorrow..... lady foned today an booked me in I'm very confused what the whole 17th June thing was about now but glad I finally get this 1st appointment thing sorted out

Be good peeps (well.... you know what I mean ;o) )

Edited: 08/06/2009 at 21:45
08/06/2009 at 21:48
Good luck with the appointment tomorrow Smout.
08/06/2009 at 22:08

BEDSHAPED Pom poms or not.You have to be part of the team.If you do the Edinburgh next year I shall make an effort to get to the meal and by you a pint.

It is a shame really that we couldn't enter a team with t-shirts and all.Anyone have any ideas for a name?????!!!!!! 

08/06/2009 at 22:12
By the way.The Aussies are out! WONDERFUL.
08/06/2009 at 22:18

Not only leave the pompoms bedshaped will have to leave her outfit from last year at home!!!!!

http://www.camouflage-fabric.com/img/helmetcamowith.jpg

141 to 160 of 8,349 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.