Edinburgh "Rock and Roll" Half Marathon

21 to 28 of 28 messages
16/03/2012 at 18:38

Glad to hear 8.5miles at this stage isn't too far off the mark.  I live in West Lothian so might try and get into Edinburgh and run round Arthurs seat a couple of times within the next week or two and see how I cope.

I didn the EMF 10K last year and the organisation of it was fine but I heard the half and full marathon was awful.  I'm going to do the EMF half this year (unless the R&R half puts me off for life!0 so I hope they have sorted it out for this year.  

Cormorant, well done on getting a spot on the Great North Run...exciting, imagine the atmosphere will be fantastic. 

17/03/2012 at 08:03

The route of the EMF half is super fast and actually quite enjoyable running along the sea front... One of my favourite races...if only it wasn't so far away or such a shambles.

Isn't the pub the main reason for putting ourselves through this???  If you put your logical head on 13.1miles is a car journey...a taxi would work out quite expensive so you'd take the car...and yet here we are all set to run it.  It's gonna be grrrrrrrrrreat.

17/03/2012 at 09:57
CazSoul wrote (see
)

Isn't the pub the main reason for putting ourselves through this???

The only reason, surely!!
17/03/2012 at 14:55
I didn't want you all thinking I'm a p*sshead this early in the game Ian lol, but yes the pub is the only reason.
17/03/2012 at 15:54
Nothing to be ashamed of Caz, that first post-run pint is as good as it gets!
18/03/2012 at 09:07
Off out for a 10mile run today, hills at the start and then a nice easy downhill section all the way to Starbucks for a well deserved hot chocolate...and maybe a sneaky wee bun teehee.

The pub we went to after last years EMF half served some really good nachos as well Ian...mnom mnom mnom nachos & a nice cold pint of lager can't beat it.
21/03/2012 at 19:24
i could murder some nachos right now - still stuck at work
22/03/2012 at 01:16
looking forward to this one, hotel booked.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.