Endurancelife Coastal Ultra Series: Classic Crossings, South Devon 35

anyone else doing this ?

6 messages
05/08/2009 at 21:26
Anyone doing this - or done it before ?  I'm wondering about the best way to do the swimming bit i.e. whether to swim in running kit, and let it dry on the next leg  ... ?
11/08/2009 at 20:06
Aye for sure - beautiful part of the world. Did a bit of training that way for the jungle marathon in October - we did a couple of runs - 10miler following a quick dip in the sea followed by a 26 milr the second day. Very hilly /  rocky - think the swim will be welcome in this heat, Id just jump in and get on with it - it'll be a blast. www.iamTomBird.com
24/08/2009 at 12:51
Anyone else get lost ? my GPS read 35.2 miles and it was supposed to be 33 miler !
26/08/2009 at 07:00
I got slightly lost on several occasions! Great race though-loved it!
26/08/2009 at 18:05

my garmin went flat at about 30 miles - but I'm sure it was nearer 35. (at CP4 I made it 28.7 - the map put it at 27.7). Doesn't matter though, it was a great event, can't fault it - and it's only today that I can walk downstairs without gripping the railing !!!
I didn't get lost at all - although I did try and keep at least one person in sight ahead of me and ran most of the way with another runner behind me and we checked the map a few times to be sure.
Loved the swimming bits too. Nice ladies t-shirt - and I'm still wearing my dog tag !! Very surprised to see in the results I was 2nd lady !

26/08/2009 at 18:22
results ? where are they ?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.