Epsom Oddballs Perch 6.25

21 to 36 of 36 messages
08/01/2005 at 13:53
Maybe it's the mud, Josie.
08/01/2005 at 13:54
Sorry. I do seem to be obsessing about this mud a bit don't I?
14/01/2005 at 12:55
Please note website states that entries for this race have now closed as race limit has been reached.

17/01/2005 at 19:01
Boing! This Sunday folks, looking forward to mud wallowing? ;)
18/01/2005 at 13:50
Just how muddy is this run???
18/01/2005 at 22:59
The last few Sundays have been GAW-jus. Let's hope it holds out. Looking at the route details, I don't think it will be TOO muddy so long as the weather holds out.

(But I bet the lowest point of Ebbisham Lane will be a quagmire whatever the weather, especially after a coupla hundred runners have squelched through it.)
23/01/2005 at 09:02
Morning all

Lovely day for it.
See you all soon

JJ
Allsorts vest no 399 :-)
23/01/2005 at 12:44
What a fantastic event this was...a bright, clear (albeit cold) morning. A good field of runners and a challenging but extremely satisfying course.

I found mud to be firmish and wasn't too bad to get a grip in...a nice finish to run down (and then up) to. Really enjoyable.

At a price of £6 for affiliated runners with a nice good quality long sleeve t-shirt must make it one of the best value races around. I took 30 seconds off last years time (although was up by aover a minute at the 4 mile mark) so am pleased with that...will definitely be back again next year.

Thanks go to the organisers and all the Marshalls who must have been so cold out on the course.

Thanks

Pegs
26.2 RRC
23/01/2005 at 13:02
A big thank you to the Oddballs for a fantastic race. The weather could not have been much better for this time of year, cold but clear. I was a Perch Virgin but will be back. That last hill will not defeat me next year :-)

I did 63 which I was very pleased with as I didn't know the course and it was a little 'undulating' :-)
23/01/2005 at 14:48
I loved this too and what a gorgeous day. 61.01 for me which is much better than I hoped for. Killer hill between miles 2 and 3 - 574 ft altitude indeed! Loved the 'humorous' signs except the last two - "All downhill from here" then " Well almost".

Thanks to Oddballs for a great race.

PS - Hope the lady who was unwell/injured about half way round is OK.
Trogs    pirate
23/01/2005 at 23:52
My thanks too to the Oddballs for a good day made all the better by ideal weather and the course being practically mud free - by Perch standards. And to top it all I just scraped in under the hour despite last night's Burn's night haggis weighing very heavily still this morning!
24/01/2005 at 09:29
Thanks to all organisers and marshalls etc for great race. One moan - NOT ENOUGH MUD!!!! BTW what was the age limit in terms of how young could you be? I saw some young lads who were running, so could youngsters enter in future years? I don't have a problem with it as am sure some yongsters would enjoy it.

Great value for money, see you next year!
24/01/2005 at 09:33
My thanks to the Oddballs for this well-organised race.

Although at the time...

I was "running" along thinking 'where's the five mile marker? where's the five mile marker?!' And when I found it, it was at the foot of Mt Everest. It was only the sign saying 'lift pass required' and the fact that no-one else was walking that kept me going.

I was probably ready to quit running forever half-way up that hill!

In the (freezing) cold light of day though, I thoroughly enjoyed it and I'll definitely be running this next year! Very pleased with my time too (50:43) considering the number of ******* hills en route!

Thanks again.
24/01/2005 at 11:36
Tequila

One of the young ones was Tigers son. He is 14 and an Oddball. He had to keep with his Mum tho.

The valentine 26.2 takes 15 yr olds.
24/01/2005 at 13:57
Yes, thanks Josie i found him on the results! I was expecting him to come flying past me at the end, but think he stayed with his mum - what a sweetie!
24/01/2005 at 14:01
Just like to add thanks to the Organisers and the marshalls. Well done all!

Was a great race and registered a PB at 41.55 - although the hill at 5 miles just about broke my heart and spirit. Really struggled to the end from there.

Was quite happy to see the sign saying highest point on course, foolishly thinking it would be downhillish from there on in. Imagine my horror at seeing the 'lowest point' sign when my legs were giving up.

Will be back next year!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 36 of 36 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.