EUROPEAN HALF MARATHONS

I need your help RW

10 messages
28/07/2012 at 20:56
I'm looking for a flat half marathon. I'm not the fittest and run 10k in about 60 mins and want to do a half in my 40th year so would like to make a weekend of it! DOES ANY ONE KNOW OF A HALF IN EUROPE ON THE 17th/16th FEB (I'm a teacher and half term means I can run and eat AND drink for a weekend!) As always, really appreciate your advice. P.
28/07/2012 at 21:46
Valencia on the 21st October (I think) is a flat course. It's a nice enough place too with a beach and the home of paella. Good luck with the half marathon,
28/07/2012 at 21:47
Sorry, didn't read the post properly re the date. Hope it goes well anyway.
ATM
29/07/2012 at 08:34

http://marathons.ahotu.com/calendar/half-marathon/europe/2013/february

Barcelona? Verona? * filtered for food -value....*

ATM
29/07/2012 at 08:55
I've heard great things about Barcelona... But ATM has the link that's was going to share. If you know of a country you want to run in - I google that + half marathon and you might get some local races.
29/07/2012 at 10:18
Barcelona does look good; long weekend, food, football, architecture... And a race!
30/07/2012 at 12:42

I did Berlin half on 1 April this year, it was briliant and very flat, great organisation for number pick up at Expo on the Saturday and post race too.  Easyjet out and back with transport links into the Centre of Berlin - the whole weekend was trouble free and most of all a brilliant half marathon.  link via SCC Events.

07/11/2012 at 15:30

Out of interest have many of you had to get a medical certificate for European half marathons. I am doing Paris HM next year and contemplating Berlin HM too but need to provide medical certificates for both which is a bit of a pain

07/11/2012 at 16:22

Any race in France will require a med cert.

I understand that some people fake a letter from a doctor, scribble a signature on the bottom, and submit that.  So I'm told. 

Some French races were accepting Englang Athletics competition licences, but now that they don't have a date on them any more they are being turned down again

Amsterdam didn't require a med cert.

07/11/2012 at 16:24

To the OP - have a look at lebipede.fr.  It lists squillions of races in France throughout the year.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
10 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.