Evening News City of Norwich Half-Marathon, inc BMAF Championship

Roll call

21 to 23 of 23 messages
16/06/2003 at 12:27
Well, I think you all did brill!

I was marshalling at mile 11 near the Marlingham Bell pub, and the determination, guts and focus that everyone showed as they went past was fab! Inspirational! On such a very hot day!

I knew several people that ran this and they all did about 10 minutes slower on their H/M PB's.

Well done to all of you that ran it!

Angela.

16/06/2003 at 17:19
thanks to everyone for the help and advice. i completed my first ever half (12.13). not a world breaking time but i am delighted.

angela - thanks to you and anyone else who supported the competitors en route. for an inexperienced runner like me it really meant a lot. were you standing in the middle of the road outside the pub??? if so i certainly remember you.
16/06/2003 at 17:42
Mark,

Yep, that was me!

The short person wearing an icky orange coloured t-shirt that all the CoNAC guys and girls had to wear, an England cap, and a plastic race marshal bib that was about 200 sizes too big for me!! :0)

No worries concerning the support! It was the least you all deserved!

It was really funny how so many runners ran past and asked where their pints of beer were!!

Anyway, I remember doing my first half in March at Bungay and feeling a bit tired in the old legs after mile 10, but the marshals were great and kept me going, especially the one that said, "Only 400 yds to go!".....even though it was the LONGEST 400 yds I have ever run :0)

Anyway, I'd have wilted in that heat! And that hill at the end! We cycled back to the Showground, after the last runner had gone through, and went up the hill and we just thought, "God, that would be a swine to run up in that heat after 13 miles!!!"

Well done on finishing and also, on your time!

Cheers.

Angela

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.