Evesham Vale 10K

What shoes to wear?

3 messages
11/02/2011 at 13:58

My wife and I are thinking of running this for the first time this year, but as I do not know the area too well, I'm not sure what shoes would be best. Had a look at the map and there seems to be a good mix of road and trail. So, would road shoes be best or is there enough off-road to warrant trail shoes?

16/02/2011 at 15:14
This is my local 10K and the route forms a large part of my training routes, there is no need for trail shoes. I run the 'trail' sections every week in all weathers in my road shoes without a problem. The surface is compacted gravel suitable for pushchairs and wheelchairs. The majority of the route is tarmac.
17/02/2011 at 13:34

Cheers for the info - just didn't fancy setting off in my road shoes only to encounter a mud-fest!

Looking forward to it - was recommended by someone we met at the Stourbridge Stagger earlier this month.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.