Extreme trail

Half marathon trail run

5 messages
20/03/2013 at 15:16

Hi folks, just a quick one to let any like minded soulds know that there are fantastic new half marathon and 10k trail run courses to be opened as part of an adventure festival held between the 17th and 19th of May, please google "mtaf.co.uk" to see what it is about.

The half marathon is probably at the extreme end of the trail spectrum and includes good sections of hill, rough footpath and forest trail, with a little bit of fast road thrown in for good measure, fell shoes or well cleated trail shoes are recomended.

This is a "not for profit" event and all funds generated will be ploughed into the goody bags or gifted to the Moffat mountain rescue, who are covering the event.

Mapping of the course will be available on the week of the event to keep the trails in the best possible condition, entries are limited to 200 total for the inagural event so please enter early if you are interested.

Excellent camping facillities are available for the whole weekend and Mark Beaumont is speaking on the evening of the 18th as part of the overall event, tickets are still available at £15each.

We look forward to welcoming athletes and enthusiasts of all ages on wheels, legs or whatever propels them.

Regards, Stewart.

21/03/2013 at 11:07

Scotland.... well if I just happen to be passing (unlikely) its only 442 miles from home. But it looks good

21/03/2013 at 21:38

Cheers Sideburn, what's 442 miles between friends, I'm pretty sure you could negotiate a great deal for a weeks camping rather than just the 2/3 nights, there is also tjhe option of the towns hotels and B+B's if you are a creature comforts sort, the only problem is that it costs a lot more!

Regards, Stewart.

mtaf.co.uk

24/03/2013 at 15:38

Hmmmm.... that's got me thinking! Might need to pump my tyres up and oil the chain!

24/03/2013 at 16:01

2/3 rds of the way to Jonn O'Groats as well, there are no problems only challanges!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.