First Half Marathon - Edinburgh??

Any advice for fist timer

3 messages
10/11/2008 at 14:17
I was looking for some advice on my first half marathon which I am hoping to complete in the spring of 2009. I have strated to take my running reasonably seriously in order to lose a bit of weight since spring 2008. I am now running up to 10 miles in a time of around 78 mins fairly comfortably and feel the time has come to take on a half marathon. I live in the North-East and the obvious one would be to wait for next years GNR but I am keen to take part in one that isn't such a big event. My target would be to run around the 1h40/1h45 mark and have seen that Edinburgh has their half marathon next April. If anyone has taken part in this event please could you advise if it would be a suitable event for me to start with and if not could you recommend an event in the North-East/Scotland that may be more suitable.
11/11/2008 at 16:37
Just thought I would bring it to the top since no-one has offered me any advice yet!!
27/11/2008 at 17:56

Warbs2000,  I completed my first half marathon at the 2008 event. Fantastic day, loads of support along the route, well organised and a nice flat run. I think that the course has a different starting place for 2009 but I am sure this will not alter the experience. I am also hoping to run in 2009 assuming my recovery from a ruptured achilles goes according to plan

Hope to see you there!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.