Fleetwood Marathon - Suitable for a First Timer?

321 to 338 of 338 messages
13/09/2010 at 19:26
Muggle

Freedom of speech anyway in my book
13/09/2010 at 19:52
XB wrote (see)
My t shirt arrived today.

Mine too !

Should I expect a couple of bottles of evian recorded delivery before the weekend ?

13/09/2010 at 20:36

XB. I agree with your post totally.

Muggle, Anyone can have an opinion on a race they have done, or if like Soup, they often raise good points. I've yet to see what you have to contribute to this thread, as you didn't do the race & have nothing to offer.

I consider BP to be a mate. Yes, he does know what he's talking about. I also consider Stephen to be a mate. Doesn't mean I can't disagree with BP, or post about a race Stephen has organised that I felt was poor this time. (Check out my reviews. I have sung Stephen's praises for a year. His own races are fantastic. This one, that he appeared to take on in name only, wasn't great, with several problems.)

I don't know any of the other people on here who did the race & complained about it on here. They are not in my "little gang". I am an individual, not in a gang, that goes to races alone & I do my own thing at all times. My opinions are my own, & I always post fairly.

No t-shirt for me yet.

13/09/2010 at 21:07
Bright

I was going to join a club but find I do better on my own as I did Yestaday and got my pacing right all the way

I did the 2008 half at Fleetwood and my running was spot on for the time I wanted

and neither am I in a gang I am my own runner and do any race I choose to do
14/09/2010 at 08:44
Compo 1 wrote (see)
Muggle Freedom of speech anyway in my book

Exactly my point Compo but only if you are allowed to by certain other posters it seems
XB
14/09/2010 at 09:37
Just because BB doesn't value or welcome your opinion doesn't stop you posting; there are other people who might want to hear what you have to say.
14/09/2010 at 10:12
Muggle if you have anything constructive to say about this race then say it. So far you've done nothing but stir trouble, like you've done on other threads. You seem  concerned only with making sly digs at me personally, & have nothing to contribute to this thread otherwise. You weren't at this race, & have contributed nothing of any interest on here as far as I'm concerned yet. You are a troll, & something tells me I know you! What is your name? I am Ria Bright, as many people on here know.
Edited: 14/09/2010 at 10:12
14/09/2010 at 18:22
do you need a a boxing ring on here
14/09/2010 at 20:35
My t-shirt got sent to the wrong address.....How odd. Maybe they couldn't read my squiggly writing on my entry. It's on its way again.....
14/09/2010 at 21:42
I have enough T-shirts from races to last a life time
15/09/2010 at 11:29

My T shirt arrived and very smart it is too.

Aside from one missing drinks station which didn't bother me as I carry my own drinks I thought the race and organisation was pretty good.  Decent facilities at the leisure centre and Marine Hall, well marshalled route. OK a better finish line would be good but hardly a major issue.

Really can't see what the fuss is about. Expect I'll be back next year.

p.s good arguments on here though. Quite amusing

15/09/2010 at 22:39

Will, Try being in the last group when you AREN'T carrying any water & they've packed up the water stations, then we'd see how "amusing" you'd find it.

The "fuss" is about a dangerous lack of water, (none for 9 - 10 miles. Not many before that) a short course, (HM 60 m short, full 16 m short) no t-shirts left, & no race cert. These things happen to matter a lot to some of us, when running a marathon is a very big deal.

My t-shirt is finally on its way.

16/09/2010 at 19:44
bright

just got my number for Clowne half marthon and aswell as water stns at this race they have sponge stns hot showers at the end at the local school great countryside race anyone not done this before give it a go
17/09/2010 at 19:46
to re-iterate again, my Garmin recorded the full distance of 26.2 miles.
17/09/2010 at 19:50

It was officially 16 metres short according to Ron. HM 60 m short.

When's Clowne Compo?

17/09/2010 at 20:54
bright

it is the 28th November and good one Clowne is just of J30 of the M1 on the south bound carragie way
16/05/2013 at 12:22

Has anybody ever looked at how a garmin works?

They generally measure short for any run if you follow the exact shortest line. the way they work means they will always have some error - less over longer races but still some error.

I get really anoyed that people belive there garmins rather than the real route.

Garmins are a tool not a measuring tape.

16/05/2013 at 20:18

with me I only use a stop watch to time myself   not into garmins

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
321 to 338 of 338 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.