Flying Fox 10

just how hilly???

41 to 49 of 49 messages
04/11/2007 at 21:29

Good piccies Quimby!!

Great race today - excellent organisation and very friendly marshalls.   Thanks.

Ran Snowdon marathon last weekend, so my legs were empty today and could only plod round, but will definitely come back and give this course another go.  I'm sure it's very scenic - shame about the fog!!!

05/11/2007 at 18:49
Where has the review and links thing gone at the top??

Stiff today !!!
05/11/2007 at 19:06

Agree Mike - I can barely walk!!! Think it was the cold as I don't think I warmed warmed up or cooled down enough... oh dear need to get used to running in the cold!

05/11/2007 at 20:43

Ah It was you behind me then plodding Stokie , Well done ! How are the aches ? Mine are all the better for the "Spot prize" muscle relaxant we were given ! Much thanks to who ever had that idea ! Nic pics too Quimby !

05/11/2007 at 21:26

Hi good pics Quimby( I know who you are now), many thanks to all who turned up and made the organising worthwhile, we had a great day, which included watching Paula do great things in New York, and sinking Too many pints to celebrate our run and hers hope to see loads of you guys for our 2008 productions. These include the Spring Treble in April, 3 5mile "ish" off-road races ideal, mid-week session

05/11/2007 at 21:43
I certainly didn't warm up enough , I didn't really leave enough time to get all the way up to the start . Starting slow to get warm I over compensated by mile 3 and found myslf rather fast by 5 miles . I finished well but that early slow/fast/slow meant I didn't feel the race *flowed* as it should.
06/11/2007 at 12:14
my aches have gone today (Tuesday) really achey yesterday felt like royalty with the booby prize of wine.
06/11/2007 at 15:06
My aches may have gone quicker if I got a bottle of wine!! I'm still struggling to walk, sit, stand - must learn to warm up properly...
06/11/2007 at 16:08

Great race once again, fantastic marshalls,run like clockwork, will be back for my third time next year.

Even managed a spot prise for having the number 13 on my chest

A big thanks to MH for pulling me through the last couple of miles as that hill had nearly finished me off.

Cheers Mike see you again soon, and thanks to RC for looking after my little ones.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 49 of 49 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.