Forest of Dean Half-Marathon

Any one doing this?

21 to 27 of 27 messages
21/03/2011 at 13:19
I will be running the Forest half marathon on Sunday. I have some Saucony Fastwitch 4's that I use as racers. Link - http://shop.keep-on-running.co.uk/saucony-fastwitch-4-vizipro---20059-2-8136-p.asp

They are very lightweight - do you think that it will be ok for this race as some sections of the course are offroad?
22/03/2011 at 23:22
Just had an email from the organiser, not at all willing to let my husband run with my number. Gutted. Its only a question of cahnging an entry in a database, just too much trouble. Its not a cheap entry either. He told me to "bin" my entry - yeah right. The only reason I bothered to let them know in advance was because it will cock up their results. Wish I hadnt bothered . No wonder people dont want to enter in advance. Could be a good selling point for other race organisers if they are willing to make changes to help others.
24/03/2011 at 00:25
Just started another post asking if anyone is heading up to Forest of Dean this weekend from Bristol and wanted to share a lift. Going up on my own at the moment.
26/03/2011 at 19:17
This is really late notice but yes: I'm heading up from Bristol and have no-one else in the car at the moment. I'll check later to see if you got this.
27/03/2011 at 21:52
So what does everyone think? Hilly or not? My Garmin recorded a one km drop and rise overall, the graph is pretty spectacular compared to my other races.  I guess if you're a trail runner it's normal, but some of those hills were 70-80 metres straight up which is chalenging for me as a road runner. Still clocked a PB but would have been minutes faster on the flat. Enjoyed it but prefer the road runs and a bit more strategy over gravel lol.
28/03/2011 at 18:12
My first half (well I did race the the train but that is a bit diferant )I just missed out on the 2hr mark but considering the calf injury last month I am pleased.
The race was great fun and I realy enjoyed it and I would go again.
barry
28/03/2011 at 20:42

I liked the changes. Garmin says there were less hills, doesn't anyone remember the muddy climb at 11 miles in 2010 or the sharp ascent at 9 miles after going under the road bridge?.

I still can't go very fast though 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 27 of 27 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.