Forfar multi terrain half marathon?

5 messages
26/01/2006 at 21:38
Hi there,
has anyone done this before? I am feeling very tempted - just not quite sure due to the comments on the entry form. "Arduous terrain; not for novices; bring food rations and a map". Actually sounds really good, but also a little bit as if one might get lost in the middle of the wilderness and potentially get eaten by a bear. Wouldn't exactly call myself a novice with various half-marathons and a marathon under my belt, but somehow it sounds a bit scary (which, on the other hand, is exactly the attraction). Anyone with any experience of previous events or knowledge of the route??? Thanks!
26/01/2006 at 23:27
Food rations means wan plen bridie wee ingins and a flakey yin wee oot. Dont worry about getting lost in a wilderness there are plenty of local people as the league of gentlemen would say to help you out in Forfar!!!!!
27/01/2006 at 09:07
Hi ursula this is the first time for this race and it looks good.Yes watch out for bears in forfar big and love to eat runners.I`m thinking of going to this race so let me know if your doing it.
30/01/2006 at 16:56
Hi Folks,

I have signed up for this. The route is mostly gently undulating on roads/tracks, BUT there is a 100m climb (path) at about mile 10. I had a look yesterday ..doesn' t look hideously steep, and you get a great view of the Angus Glens at the top!
30/01/2006 at 17:01
Ursula good luck with this race. Have seen the entry form and its the bit about crossing of roads that caught my eye. Not planning to do this.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.