141 to 150 of 150 messages
20/01/2008 at 20:08
Well run, JPenno. Just waiting for resuts to go up on the 'net

fat face, purely exaggeration, on my part, of course
JPenno    pirate
20/01/2008 at 22:45
anyone know when the results will be online
21/01/2008 at 10:09
First race of the year and P.B. 1.47.26. This was my first Helsby and I wasn`t disappointed, really challenging in parts, scenic route, well marshalled and lots of encouragement along the way.Got to see some people I`d met at races from last year which was good.                                                        Overall a good day out, Helsby is a must do next year.Forgot to mention the really nice medal.
21/01/2008 at 10:16
It's usually 2 or 3 days for the results JP.
21/01/2008 at 17:03

Great little run that.

Knocked 4 mins off my PB (Cardiff Half Maraton - a flatter course).

Blackpool next I think...

XCR
21/01/2008 at 17:08
BryanTheSnail (M.)    pirate
21/01/2008 at 17:54

Back home after another enjoyable event.

Pre-race  preparation was exceptionally cautious consisting of  pasta (home made and excellent), wine and whisky (only slightly overproof single malts) the night before, an early drive to Helsby followed by three doughnuts, two coffees and a couple of painkillers.

The race itself went off without a hitch, after the first coiuple of miles I was unable to keep up with my pacer, but took it steady, and managed to get round without resorting to MacDonalds, Helsby Arms, or Wheatsheaf Inn.

Got back in to Helsby where I finished the event by using the old standby of a bacon bap, pint of guiness, and two chocolate muffins.  Managed to dispose of the last doughnut in the car on the way back, before having an excellent evening meal accompanied by a draught peroni and washed down by a surfeit of malt whisky.

If it is like this every year I will be back again ....   might do a bit of training for the next one though.

22/01/2008 at 00:07
beat last years time by 7mins but no pb this time still enjoyed it though
22/01/2008 at 18:10

thanks for posting the results, just dropping in , a very enjoyable race

personal worst 1hr 59-06- but hey not a great deal of training - so something to beat next time ?

excellent value bacon bap & coffee well done rotary

23/01/2008 at 04:03

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
141 to 150 of 150 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.