Framlinham 10km

Anyone running this hilly one!

21 to 34 of 34 messages
09/09/2002 at 09:21
The results on the day take too long, I got them from the website when I got home,

http://website.lineone.net/~scaa/framlingham10km2002.htm

How did you find the run, I didnt like the course last year either, but tried a completely different race plan yesterday which made it feel a lot better. I was happy to be faster than my Woodbridge time also.
09/09/2002 at 09:46
You did a good time - well done!

I quite enjoyed the course as it gave me a chance to see a bit of Framlingham itself.
I also enjoyed the hills as it breaks the course up nicely.

Disappointed by the sportsmanship at the end though - a guy decided to whip past me in the last 10 metres - what's he trying to prove? Oh well.
09/09/2002 at 09:51
Did you run most of the race with a team-mate as I see you finished within 2 seconds of her, or was that just coincidence.

Was Richard happy with his time?

I was well chuffed, cos last years time here was 42:44, so knocked a fair chunk off that.
09/09/2002 at 09:52
Did they get a photo of you? They got me, but doesnt look good!
09/09/2002 at 09:56
It was just coincidence - I think she was dead chuffed she took me out and got a PB. Well done to Roe!

Rich was OK with his time - we weren't going for it as we're doing Robin Hood next week. We both treated it as a training run.

I haven't checked out digitography - not ideal conditions for taking photographs. I didn't notice my photo being taken - I usually look awful when I'm running if a photo is taken without me knowing. I was in the EADT 2 years ago and I got a real shock!
09/09/2002 at 10:02
I think you are safe, I checked the photos, and cant see you on there.

What is really weird though, is that your number was 152, so you must have registered just before 10am, cos my number was 151, so I would have been right in front of you! I would have rushed in and out again though, cos I already had the form filled in, and when I had registered we went out to check the course, even though I had run it before.
09/09/2002 at 10:07
Oh my god I must have been right behind you! Doh! We did register before 10am and we also had our forms filled out - I was crouching down writing out a cheque. Oh well, next time.
09/09/2002 at 10:13
So near yet so far.....

Are you going to give Langham a go after Robin Hood? I may have asked you this previously on another thread but have you done it before, I hear its a really fast 10km
09/09/2002 at 10:22
I'm not sure what I am going to do after Robin Hood. I have to start tapering down my racing for reasons I cannot say at the moment but I guess I have made it obvious now.
09/09/2002 at 10:26
ok :)

Well we will both be at the track next monday night anyway, even if you are not running yourself I think you said.
09/09/2002 at 10:28
Yep hope to see you next Monday
09/09/2002 at 13:49
Well done Natty, it seems you have managed to return to form following your Greek interlude, how did SBS get on, another PB?

Good luck on the Robin Hood Kitten.

jenks
09/09/2002 at 14:54
Hi Jenks,

Thanks, I am getting back to my previous form, but not quite there yet.

Unfortunately SBS is carrying an ankle injury at the moment, so the decision was to not run this one at all, as he battled through the last one when he probably shouldnt have.
10/09/2002 at 09:31
Sorry to hear about SBS, please give him my best wishes for a speedy recovery

Jenks

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 34 of 34 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.