FRESH'N'LO Great Scottish Run

641 to 660 of 663 messages
03/09/2007 at 21:48

Thanks SFC,

I certainly wasnt bounding at mile eleven in Glasgow....I'll settle for a slow stagger up a hill! Looks like I need to practice coping with Arthur's Seat at the end of my longer runs....

Well noted re the extra hour in bed, and with luck it'll be nice and cool, given my usual problem is getting too hot in races.

I'll stop waffling about this on the Glasgow forum though!

03/09/2007 at 22:25
well done everyone. last year i ran 1.32.52  this year 1.32.51 at least its going in the right direction
04/09/2007 at 00:58

Woo Hoo ET says 1.39.57...chuffed so 3.30 Amsterdam on cards. Not looking forward to DOMS tomorrow as know I ran faster than trained for so expect it and will justget on with life (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) Gets better after tomorrow night so can't whinge really and there's always ibruprofen. Looks like everyone had a great time. Again thanks to all for chat on forum and great to meet all I did. Weren't the Sikh Guys great with the team, flags, water, oranges and the music at 11 miles. Great positive integration and the logo on the back "Heat Sikhing Missile" made me smile.Great journey back and gentle bimble (great well used expression) on the cards for this morning. Be in touch SC

04/09/2007 at 10:02
Alibaliboo I entered the Fort William half online through Runners World. If you type Eddie's Half Marathon into the event search it should allow you to enter online.
04/09/2007 at 13:41
Cheers Greg, I'm not keen on phoning people at home to enter things! Will  see how I feel after Aviemore and a couple of friends from the Fort are doing GNR so see how they are too. If not running we'll be there to cheer everyone on.
04/09/2007 at 13:56
Alibaliboo I wondered if there are any good runs up your neck of the woods. My other half is from Port Appin so I'm up there quite a bit and I wouldn't mind finding other routes to run when I'm up.
04/09/2007 at 14:12
There are some good ones about the waterfalls at Inchree, Forestry trails and road combined.Also a 6 mile loop from glenachulish, the canal in fort william is a good easy path a longer tougher one if you can get dropped off is the last leg of the west Highland way from Mamore Lodge in Kinlochleven to the Fort and nearer to your other half is the forest at Sutherlands grove.Hope this helps.
SFC
04/09/2007 at 16:39

Loads of pics on the ET website

WWW.thepicturedesk.co.uk

..... and I had to be in the same shot as the guy with the sussies...... hope my Mum doesn't see it

04/09/2007 at 17:21

Gee whizz - I bet that bloke got some chaffing with those on - hope he helped himself to the free vaseline that was on offer - thought that was for my chapped lips!! 

Thanks for the link SFC. 

04/09/2007 at 19:14
I'm in one of the pics as well!! Form an orderly queue for autographs!!  
SFC
04/09/2007 at 22:21

Pics on the official Marathon Photo website now!

05/09/2007 at 10:05
Thought my number was 12162 but checking pics a female pops up wearing that number. Disposed of no. after race. Any ideas where I can get my number from? It's not on results pages!
05/09/2007 at 11:07
Your sure you typed your number in right Straycelt!! If you had a bandana on then it is you. I'm having a laugh at mines - out of about 8 only 2 look as if I'm not too exhausted!!
05/09/2007 at 11:15

Straycelt - do you still have the letter you got with your race pack?  The number was on there, and on the plastic bag the chip came in.

(Sometimes being messy and disorganised is a Good Thing - I haven't thrown any of it out yet, so I'll be able to check my piccies when I get home - all I know at the moment is that it started "19", which hasn't been much help..........)

05/09/2007 at 11:15

Gayle: i look like im crying in mine..between that and being pulled over the line im not surprised i can barely remember the moment!!!

Still, about to sign up for my next one in Fort William, I must be crazy...or addicted!

05/09/2007 at 11:55

Ah, found mine.

Right - the diet starts today.

05/09/2007 at 18:02

LOL why why do they have to take the pics at the end of the race dont know whether to laugh or cry at mine I seem to have grown a chin with every mile i ran

05/09/2007 at 20:11
There's 7 of me Lady Fox and I only look as if i know what I'd doing in 2 of them and the others I look like I'm escaping from the law!! Mines all taken at end cause I had my hair down then in ponytail then in bunches due to sweat and sticking to my face!! Oh the joys. They should have trinny and suzanne sprucing us up at end for a photoshoot!!
06/09/2007 at 11:26
Karen D, yes and there was definitely a woman wearing that number in yellow but entering today it is me in the bandana. Looks like the bulk were all taken at the finish. Don't think any will make it to the modelling portfolio tho!
06/09/2007 at 20:47

Yet more photos not to buy !!  Signing off this thread now, thanks for the chat and the support.  See some of you on the Scottish Runners Thread I hope.

641 to 660 of 663 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.