Frinton & Walton Half Marathon

Course Route

1 to 20 of 35 messages
02/04/2011 at 11:44

Don't know if this link will work or not, but plotted out this course from an old drawn map on GMAPs. Forgive any inaccuracies.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=4393039

Hope this helps anyone preparing to do this.

See you there.

13/04/2011 at 16:17
I'm hoping to enter this.
27/04/2011 at 17:06
Done this a couple of years ago and loved it so I will be giving it another go this year, but watch out..........if its windy the breeze will catch you along the sea front, However if the suns-a-shinning the crowds are out and its just brilliant running in front of the little beach huts
02/05/2011 at 16:41
I'm thinking about taking the plunge and doing this half marathon, having run a few 10, 12 milers I think I should just get on with it (was originally going to do a few 15+milers to consolidate and then the Southend half). Is it likely I will be able to enter on the day? If so what time should I get there?
02/05/2011 at 18:21
easy to enter on the day i`m planning on that, probably need to be there about an hour before the start but thats only me being careful as i want to be able to sort myself and park etc without any last minute rush, but its well worth taking the plunge as it is a nice run
02/05/2011 at 18:32

By a strange coincidence i'm in Walton for a family do next saturday, what a great chance to have a run as well.

Fantastic, see you all there...............

04/05/2011 at 00:04
I'm running my 2nd Half with my wife Silversoul. Its her 1st Half. Looking forward to it. Never done this one before (previous Half, Brentwood - where I was injured in 2007 and only started running again 6 months ago). My Uncle and Brother are also running. Good luck to all those taking part.
04/05/2011 at 07:11
Nice to see its a family affair Goldsenheart!, weather is supposed to be good so everybody should enjoy this, have fun those who are running and keep the support coming for those who are spectating
04/05/2011 at 13:35

So much depends on the weather and wind direction - if it's kind, the three miles along the prom will be wonderful - by the beach huts and ice cream vans!

This is a 'local' race, but good that so many from outside the area want to give it a go - have fun with the relative flat nature of the course and fresh air! It's my 4th half of the year; long may the weather stay kind.

04/05/2011 at 21:19

At the mile markers on the sea front they should be handing out ice creams if its warm. Which is the best one to dunk on your head if they run out of sponges?

On seconds thoughts just checked BBC weather http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/2370?area=Frinton light rain is forecast ( for sunday, 17C.

07/05/2011 at 21:12
Good luck to all running, see you at the start line.
07/05/2011 at 22:03
Amen Flat Footed. Good luck to all. Fingers Crossed for the weather.

08/05/2011 at 06:43
well the fingers didn`t work but in all honesty its great running in the rain too as it keeps  you cool !!!  always the optomist!! Have a good run everybody!
08/05/2011 at 07:38
Hi Nurse Gladis. I guess your already there then. Forecasts on the BBC say that the rain will have passed on for the start and stay dry for the race. Fingers are still crossed......................can you tell I'm not a running in the rain lover. Good luck to all again.
08/05/2011 at 21:43

Was a good one - but hot!!!  Where did that come from?

Goldenheart and myself completed it in 2hr 3mins together (his 2nd half, my first).  Very proud to say we didn't walk at all - but we are both slightly sunburnt now!

Good times 

08/05/2011 at 21:53
Sunburnt and the lower limbs are a tad weary. What a great day and run. Marshals good on the whole. Crowd support good and water stations. Mile markers poor. Well done to all. How did you do?
Well done my silversoul. Proud of you.
The fingers crossed more than worked in the end.
09/05/2011 at 08:18

It was warm wasn't it! Nice tan though, and the sponge stations helped keep me cool. Bit of a direction problem around mile 12 where I was called back to go left and not straight on, but with all the twists and turns, the (marshall) support was fantastic.

Pleased with 1.30+ and but for the last 2-miles ......

09/05/2011 at 11:28
Agreed The Foon. I have quite a tan as well (23 degrees). Your right, with all the twists and turns the marshals did well ( I also ran on at 12 and got called back. Those last 2/3 miles were hard uphill. All in all a good day.
Already looking forward to doing this next year.
Well done on your time The Foon.
09/05/2011 at 17:38

My advice for next year...don't suck the sponges! Thought it was a great race, more hilly then i could have imagined it would have been.....Just ducked under the 1.40 mark.....What was the issue with the mile markers...other then the 8 mile one on the sea front they all looked in place/in the right area?

Anyone know where i can find the results

09/05/2011 at 22:23

Yeah, I might give the sponge sucking a swerve as well.

We only saw about five of the mile markers. The rest didn't seem very obvious and 1 had spun out of position, but its a minor gripe on what was a good run and day.

Good time Flat Footed. My Bro came in at 1.38 and my Uncle 1.54

Haven't seen the results posted up yet. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

1 to 20 of 35 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.