G3 Guildford 10km June

Do this!

21 to 23 of 23 messages
Dustboy    pirate
18/06/2005 at 21:08
Jeez that was hard. I thought I was reasonably fit but the guys and gals today were sensational.

To put it into perspective, I burned the same calories for this as my last half marathon, and it's "only" 10K.

I will be back in January.

The St Marthas hill path was mean, Clint Eastwood spittin' in the spittoon mean.

DB

Water at the drinks station rather than or as well as the dentists mouthwash energy drink would have been nice.

Thanks to Toby and Rory for organisation.
Zel
19/06/2005 at 18:06
Great Race, great support from Marshals and other competitors but the difficulty rate for that race has gone through the roof! Much harder than previous ones.
Heat was an added factor - but still enjoyed it and felt fab afterwards!
The challenging nature of these races seems to be getting around to the more professional runners as the overall ability of those taking part seemed higher - there are some seriously fit people out there!
20/06/2005 at 10:36
Great race - those hill climbs were savage! You know you've had a challenging run when you can really feel it in your G. Maximus the next day.

Well organised and great support from the marshalls - always impressive when results hit the web the next day.

I'll be back for more in January.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.