GB Ultra Thames Trot 50

My first ultra?

81 to 93 of 93 messages
05/02/2010 at 13:28
It is not looking too bad up by Sandford and towards Iffley, just a handful of puddles, perfect for splashing through. The river itself looks deep dark and cold but it won't do us no harm just as long as we give it a wide berth.
I wonder how Iffley village will cope with all that traffic tomorrow?
For those of you who are being dropped off at the start i would recommend you do it as you turn into Iffley. If you try to go up to the pub car-park you'll find yourself in a jam and the one narrow lane has residential cars parked in it so it is difficult to turn around.
Just a thought as it was crowded last year and with 3 times as many runners entered i imagine it will worse.
I am raring to go but keeping a lid on it. See you all at the start,
you might know me by my hat which has an Oxen crossing a ford.
Come on you Yellows.
05/02/2010 at 17:39
See everyone tomorrow!
05/02/2010 at 18:27

That's good news about the lack of lagoons on what you've seen on the route.

Getting nervous, I'll have to start on my interminable packing / unpacking / repacking.

05/02/2010 at 21:06
koiboy wrote (see)
 Dino I - Im catching train from Reading as well. Planning to get the 06:46 arriving at Oxford at 07:10. 

I'm planning to get the 06:22 arriving at 06:52. Prefer to get there early and not have to worry about transport.

Cheers

Dino 

06/02/2010 at 18:21
I was cycling along the towpath today from Tesco at the mouth of the Kennet towards Caversham Lock and saw several of you guys (and girls) en route ... this was about 4 o'clock. You had good weather for it!
07/02/2010 at 00:36
how come you never gave me a shout?
07/02/2010 at 14:25
waccyracer - I'm impressed you were still awake after midnight. Weather was good, nice to have some sun before it got dark.
07/02/2010 at 16:16
Helly d - I was on my last legs and thinking how glad I was i did not have to get up today to do another ultra.
It was a great day yesterday. I only went wrong at Abingdon which is a town i know so well. The weather was perfect and the runners were a fab bunch as usual even if i say so myself.
07/02/2010 at 19:07
waccy, how did you go wrong at Abingdon?
07/02/2010 at 22:11
crossing the bridge after barton fields we should have turned left and gone over the weir but we went right and headed into town. We could have carried on and took a short cut over the bridge and back on the path but that wouldn't have been right.
I just stopped thinking for a while.
07/02/2010 at 22:54
what was the level of water like behind the science park, just befor the weir?
07/02/2010 at 23:24
Water on track was never more than squidgy, into your shoes but never higher, thanks Nigel. Abingdon wsa the first weir wasn't it?
08/02/2010 at 08:20
Hi helly d. Yep, Abingdon would be the first. Glad the floods had gone for you all.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
81 to 93 of 93 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.