Giants Head Marathon - June 2013

Anyone else taking part?

581 to 600 of 975 messages
21/05/2013 at 13:48

Mrs Hogmousey - if you learn can you teach us? I'm trying to work out how to climb hills.

Does anyone do any of their hill training on dreadmills? I've been considering it but our gym have a firm 30 minute only rule on the treadmills.

21/05/2013 at 14:35

Stepper machines are great for hill training the muscle action is very similar 

You should be ok in road shoes

21/05/2013 at 15:34

From Facebook 

Hello, hello, hello from White Star Running,

Hope the training is going well. The Marathon is full and the 10k is filling up nicely. We have booked nice weather for the 29th June and asked for rainbows and a cool breeze.

Right stuff you need to know

Camping, again.

Book your camping by emailing us at info@whitestarrunning.co.uk

Its £5 payable in the church hall on the day you have to drive into the village, to the village hall and we will show you where the campsite is. Easy.

Food 28th June (that’s Friday).

Now this is important. So we have had some issues about food before the event, we thought we may have been able to sort out food in the village hall in Sydling, then we thought we could bring food in. None of those ideas panned out.
However we have a solution, we think!
White Star Running has its own restaurant for the night before the GH Marathon and 10k on Friday 28th.

All ours no one else. 

http://www.cafepaninis.co.uk/

11 WEYMOUTH AVENUE, DORCHESTER, DT1 1QR

Fiona and the team are staying open for especially on the night before the marathon. They open their doors at 08:30am and normally close round 17:00 but they are staying open until we roll out that night. Great eh?

Fiona has reassured the portion size will be on an epic pre marathon scale, so you won’t need to rush back to your tent and scoff digestives because you haven’t eaten enough.

Cafepaninis.dorchester@hotmail.co.uk

So it will be a great place for runners, campers, helpers and all the families to meet up before the event. Paninis is in Dorchester 10 minutes from Sydling, there's free parking after 18:00, they have a bar (thankfully). 
They have also created menu speshully  for us runners.

We know some of you are bringing dogs they are welcome in Paninis, they have an outdoor bit, but when you phone tell them you are bring Fido.

Now listen you need to book the restaurant yourself, don’t email us, phone the restaurant so they know numbers and an idea of what you may want to eat, just so they can get in everything they need.

This the first time we have booked anything like this so we want it to run smoothly.

Paninis phone 01305 265904

They are also open from 8.30 am on Sunday so its full English before heading home ok?

Menu

Starter £5

Bruschetta with houmous & olives & salad garnish

Country veg soup with croutons & breads

Tuscan bean soup & breads

Goats cheese & onion marmalade quiche with salad garnish

Mains £9

Mushroom Stroganoff with herby rice

Chilli with brown rice served with sour cream & tortillas

Penne with chicken, mushrooms & pesto

Tagliatelle with a tomato & red pepper sauce & ricotta

Lasagne with a rich beef ragu & mixed salad

Mains £7

Jacket potato with smoked salmon, cream cheese & chives & salad garnish

Jacket potato with strong cheddar & crispy bacon & salad garnish

Jacket potato with tuna, sweetcorn & mayo & salad garnish

Jacket potato with baked beans & strong cheddar & salad garnish

Jacket potato with coronation chicken & salad gar

22/05/2013 at 10:02

22/05/2013 at 13:19

Hi Cake - Not really. I work on the 4th floor and try to walk up the stairs every day but I don't have anything like that. I've tried the local shopping centre but it's not that big either.

23/05/2013 at 19:13

Who has signed up for food then?

theres loads of campers

http://www.cafepaninis.co.uk/
11 WEYMOUTH AVENUE, DORCHESTER, DT1 1QR

Cafepaninis.dorchester@hotmail.co.uk 

Paninis phone 01305 265904
https://www.bullguard.com:3221/images?http://www.cafepaninis.co.uk/

24/05/2013 at 17:46

35 days

24/05/2013 at 22:21

hmmmmm hmmmmmm

24/05/2013 at 22:21

Everything is in BOLD

24/05/2013 at 23:23

You started it.

Edited: 24/05/2013 at 23:25
24/05/2013 at 23:36

I broke RW 

Edited: 24/05/2013 at 23:54
25/05/2013 at 09:39

I'm doing the Great Shaftesbury run tomorrow morning but hoping to join you "en-route" for the end of the marathon walk tomorrow - will try and message you to get a mobile no. and find out where you are!

25/05/2013 at 14:54

Virago turn your PM on if not info@whitestarrunning.co.uk

Edited: 25/05/2013 at 14:55
25/05/2013 at 16:59

Right we have a very limited number of Giantshead Marathon Hoodies back up for sale, email our sales team on info@whitestarrunning.co.uk
Sizes are as following...remember when they is gone they is gone. We will have a different design next year.(thats if I don't have a nervous breakdown before then)
Right we have 
Zip Grey
small x3
Med x1
lrg x2

Black Laydees cut 
Small x 3
Med x 3
Lrg x 2

Overhead grey
Small x 3
Med x 2

26/05/2013 at 00:23

Hi I like the look of this event, a friend has pulled out and offered me their place I did the London Marathon  and have got back to my training.

so felt up for the challenge should I turn up on the day with his number or should I contact the organisers. I have never swapped before so I am not sure of the protocol?

Thanks Marc

26/05/2013 at 18:07

Grovel, grovel now and grovel loudly. Promise to buy at least one of the aforementioned hoodies and remind Goldie that he tells the funniest of jokes.

You might get away with it or you might get a thick ear.

26/05/2013 at 18:20
mrs. hog - mousey wrote (see)

Grovel, grovel now and grovel loudly. Promise to buy at least one of the aforementioned hoodies and remind Goldie that he tells the funniest of jokes.

You might get away with it or you might get a thick ear.

Agreed. Add in some additional emotion...

fyi - GoldBeetle IS the RD

26/05/2013 at 18:29
mrs. hog - mousey wrote (see)

Mrs Mouse, there is grovelling and then there is just plain going too far !!

Edited: 26/05/2013 at 18:30
26/05/2013 at 20:26

Fab afternoon Thanks, legs are aching a bit now I have to confess - cwtched up in my nice new hoodie with a large glass of red

27/05/2013 at 10:15

Spoke to the race director all swapped over. Looking forwards to the race.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.