Glasgow 1/2 marathon race report

A brilliant day out......NOT

81 to 87 of 87 messages
11/09/2002 at 13:03
Cider,
I also remember seeing some Glasgow Jogging Network T-shirts when I was running, they may have a web site if not I'm sure you could track down a phone number. I was thinking of joining a club after the Loch Ness Marathon ... to get me through the winter so to speak ....
11/09/2002 at 13:31
Daisy

Well done! Excellent time. I think that, coupled with the fact that you were actually able to run last night (I might manage a couple of miles tonight) probably means you won't win the last place medal for Loch Ness..................sorry.
11/09/2002 at 17:12
Nessie,
I am quite determined to finish this marathon, I just dont quite know how, when the farthest I have ran to date is 13 miles !!! I was reading an article one here about the benefits of run / walk .. and I'm sold. run a mile walk a minute ... 26 times ... sounds easy .. yeek !!!
11/09/2002 at 21:45
blimey daisy - are you not cutting it a tad short for lochness? Your only half way round and only got a few weeks left to train!! And I thought training for the Edinburgh one was cutting it fine!!

Thanks for the clubs folks - I'll check these out. Mind you I still can hardly lean on my left foot. Must have been running flat-footed at some point (hmm - all of it probably!!)
11/09/2002 at 21:52
Hey Amoghavarja - what's the web site for the athletic federation? I cannae find it. Ta.
11/09/2002 at 22:49
I have been 'training' for this marathon for about 3 months now.... trouble is got injured half way through and had a 4 week lay off ... so no long runs etc.. and started back training just 3 weeks ago .. injured again off a week till sunday there. but hey.. as long as I finish ... I can put it down to experience... and what could be nicer than a slow plod down the side of Loch Ness ...
12/09/2002 at 13:02
CALLING CIDERBELLYUK

Website for Scottish Athletics is www.saf.org.uk.

If, like me, you have difficulty downloading the relevant sections you can try phoning (08700 500 600) or emailing (admin@scottishathletics.org.uk)

Sorry for taking so long to reply. Hope you get on ok.

Tashi Delek

AMOGHAVAJRA

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
81 to 87 of 87 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.