05/12/2012 at 19:32

Easy, easy, easy Mick!

Will you and Phil be coming again?

05/12/2012 at 19:58

Mr Blister

how are u old bean

we may do, i'll have to see how i am, i return to training in ealy January

in October i had a op to remove an - Non milignant - tumour from my lung

expereince is on my side, but consultant says - just dont go seeking the old pbs as their gone

you may have to coach and mentor me all over again  

Blisters    pirate
05/12/2012 at 22:58

HA HA Mick, me coach you? If you listened to the Consultant it will have been for the first time in your life.
-If you're missing a chunk of lung, that's not going to help. It's not the end to your Comrades ambition though.
-How's the ripped leg attachment stringy bit?
-The back should be a bit better after a lay off.
-Don't tell me you've put weight on and you're now 8 stone?

One piece of advice, if you want it take it, if you don't want it, just skip..
You have got NOTHING to prove to anybody Mick. You've been there, done it, got the T shirt, the supporters club, and the status of iconic legend. I'm sure that Phil enjoys just being out and taking in the atmosphere of the events, and meeting old mates.

06/12/2012 at 10:26

ha bladdy ha  

the attachment u speak of - ( i'm told medically ) that for a man of my age i have a very large prostate gland - so, sometimes after about 9 miles - ish - my bladder starts working overtime - HM's - ok - after that can become pretty uncomphy

My back is better, after years of dismantling electric scooters and wheelchairs into a vehicle never designed for doing so - we now have a wheelchair accessable vehicle - though my back gets sore some days still - but it is as ive been told, - some things in life can come just too late

i can resume running in late december - early January - just how ?? it will go i have absolutely no idea - i'm not at all bothered , i'll deal with it as it happens

i must say, i loved all our times together - i have NOT forgotten, and never will - ( you , me and lots of others ) truelly inspired each other

and i sincerely hope that ALL the expereinced runners can mentor and and inspire the lesser expereinced runners - to achieve what we all have and feel good   

Blisters    pirate
07/12/2012 at 00:13

Piss in the bushes Mick. Like the rest of us.
2x ibuprofen won't get you a lifetime ban.
6x coffees might, though...

10/12/2012 at 16:59

If the marathon is cancelled you may not get your money back. I entered another event organised by Beyond The Limitations; the Berkeley marathon to be held in November 2012. In September it was cancelled due to a lack of entries. Despite emails, a letter, and phone calls, including a warning that I would leave this entry on Runner's World website, I have not had any response; let alone my money back. 

12/12/2012 at 09:30

Hi John - that's the reason I won't be entering until the last minute! I know the organiser has had some health issues so it may or may not happen depending on who steps in I guess. It would be a great start to the year so I am hoping to do it. Would be great to see Mick 'n' Phil there too, fitness permitting of course ...

Blisters    pirate
12/12/2012 at 18:17

If everyone leaves it to the last minute then the noose tightens on the race. Have faith.

They did have a 50k race cancelled due to flooding in 2007 and re-ran it a month later.

13/12/2012 at 22:56
They cancelled Berkely marathon in sept due to lack of entries I think. Saying that I'd not be happy if they didn't give the cash back! Naughty!! If they have taken money it should be returned or run the race no matter how few runners.
14/12/2012 at 07:43
They should give all Berkeley entrants a free place at Gloucester - why not suggest it? Seems only fair and doesn't cost them anything ...
14/12/2012 at 13:08

Karen - that's exactly what did happen, I was offered a place at Glos when they cancelled Berkeley, and I accepted.

15/12/2012 at 10:04

I've had the same.  Entered for the Berkeley marathon and offered a place in the Gloucester marathon which I accepted, but have had no response to confirm it despite emailing and leaving phone messages.

16/12/2012 at 08:18

Chidder - i asked for a confirmation of Glos entry at the time and I received an email straight away.

16/12/2012 at 23:49
Once the gun goes this race seems to be well organised and smooth. Up to that point both the last 2 year sits been rubbish info wise.
17/12/2012 at 22:27

hi, thinking of entering this one - how often are the drinks stops, and what do they give out? just water or are there energy drinks too?

Thanks a lot

18/12/2012 at 16:27
I'm pretty sure last year they had high 5 energy drink in cups at water stations. Maybe wrong but there every 3m or so.
18/12/2012 at 20:10

thanks for your help - I think I'll enter this one - need some energy drinks en route in a marathon

18/12/2012 at 21:33
It's 3 laps plus a little one around town before, if family is going they can hand it to you at least 4-5 times.
28/12/2012 at 18:22
Hi all, I'm considering the marathon if there are still places available, I'd trained ready for the Portsmouth harbour side marathon on 23rd dec but stopped half way as I wasn't going to get the time I wanted (sub 4) on account of how much mud there was! I've read mixed reviews about the flatness of this course - someone on the 100 marathon club site said it was hilly pretty much all the way, yet on here it says just the one hill (that gets steeper each time round!).. Anyone able to clarify? Thanks very much
21 to 40 of 187 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.