Gloucester Marathon

181 to 200 of 234 messages
19/01/2011 at 13:58
I have been listening to this Free podcast for a year now, if your not already its a must, go have a listen and download it free off itunes www.marathontalk.com some good advice and great interviews on there, the interview with Prof Tim Noakes is a must!!
19/01/2011 at 16:19

Did the recci of the course today. Its nicely sheltered with loads of twists and turns to keep you interested. Without a doubt a few undulations but nothing to worry about.

I almost blew a fuse doing the Gloucester half last year albeit in the process of a pb. My advice would be go like the clappers. Bring it on my first 26.2. 

Edited: 19/01/2011 at 16:20
19/01/2011 at 19:36
Muzza wrote (see)
I have been listening to this Free podcast for a year now, if your not already its a must, go have a listen and download it free off itunes www.marathontalk.com some good advice and great interviews on there, the interview with Prof Tim Noakes is a must!!

Seconded. It's essential listening every week! Tom Williams and Martin Yelling do a really good job with it.
19/01/2011 at 20:59

Another vote for marathontalk podcasts. I'd never heard of them until someone mentioned them on the realbuzz blog site and since then I've been a real fan. A good mix of news/race reports in the world of running, training advice, light-hearted moments and an interview with some bod from the running/triathlon world. Really interesting stuff and great to listen to on your long runs. Or you can listen to whilst ironing!  Great stuff and now they try to make it interactive via monthly challenges, rate your runs etc.

Can't believe marathon is only 4 days away- gonna start upping the carbs from tomorrow- and lay off the booze!

19/01/2011 at 22:39
I don't really carb load anymore, would have a few extra sat eve and a hearty breakfast, I just swell up and feel bloated. Think I am going to just go for it Sunday, s@@t or bust!! Could anything between 2.50 and 3.30 depending on weather I fly or die! Sub 2.55 would be great but cant see it.

What's everyone else hoping for?
20/01/2011 at 09:16

I'm looking for Sub 3:15, see how it goes though. Taper madness and a niggly calf have brought on the doubts, just a bit of x training this week, did n't want to risk the calf.  Weather still looking OK for Sunday.

20/01/2011 at 09:53
Best result would be a sub 3:15 to renew my GFA time. (Trouble is, it's two years since I last went that fast and I'm two years older - and slower - now!) I think the weather will be a key factor and I'm hoping for clear and windless, like last year.
20/01/2011 at 19:58
Yeah I agree, nice fresh still sunny day, perfect!! Fingers crossed!! Good for age this year finishes earlier this year, think it's hotta be in by July? Taunton is another good course to have a crack! Sure u will both do it tho! Good luck guys!!

Must admit I am full of niggles and lack of training, but have been Osteopath and had a massage this week, hope the expence pays off!
20/01/2011 at 20:49
Only run 2 Marathons, Kent coastal in 3.40 was my 1st and Portmouth Coastal in 3.35. I would have liked to do a sub 3.30 for this but not sure weather I can after being ill and my Lack of training. Guess I just take it as it comes and see how I feel on the day.
20/01/2011 at 23:43
My dream is sub 3:15  but in reality I will be happy with sub 3:30
21/01/2011 at 10:36

Finally caught up with this thread.

I'm doing the 50K on sunday. It will be my first attempt at that distance, although i have run further (off-road).

Getting really nervous now, don't imagine I will sleep much from here on in.

Good luckto everybody doing either race.

21/01/2011 at 10:56
I'm doing the 50km as a training run so expect 3.30 - 3.40 running to a very planned pace, just hope it is not raining.
21/01/2011 at 16:37

Thats good running Gobi, sub 3 pace for 50k is great! will probably see you on course! Good luck!

Good luck everyone, its gonna be perfect weather cool and sunny! Just watch out for ice spots on shaded areas!

21/01/2011 at 23:52

Hi folks, blimey this has come round quick,

just been reading the race notes and it talks about a race briefing at 10am is this worth hanging around for? or is it safe to head to the start and begin me warm-up?

23/01/2011 at 17:27

was a good event today

every body looked in real good shape

cheered on who we could

well done to all

23/01/2011 at 17:54
Thanks for your support Mick and Phil - sorry not to see you competing though. Good event, enjoyed today, quite a scenic loop once you leave the housing estate.
23/01/2011 at 18:42

Shambolic group of organisers. Arrived early and went to enter only to be told NO ENTRIES ON THE DAY. Contrary to the infomation supplied on this site and the BEYONDTHELIMITS site. Very Very disappointed, wont make the same mistake of attending a BEYONDTHELIMITS venue again.

23/01/2011 at 18:43
Yeah thanks Mick and phill, seen u a few times!! Good support!!

Had a good run, pb 2.55.27, was hoping to go sub 55 but course was long fine up to 26m then last .2 was .4, how do they do that?? Should be called Beyond me!! Not beyondthelimitaions.co.uk
23/01/2011 at 18:49
Any idea where results will be posted?
23/01/2011 at 18:51
If that's the case, I'm a bit peed off. Did 4.01.
181 to 200 of 234 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.