GNR first time running it

is this your first time run tis event

21 to 40 of 73 messages
31/07/2012 at 16:24

Afternoon all

well 3 miles done again went out without the Garmin and iPod i was a little wetter today still went out in shorts but had to put my water proof jacket on as was taking no chances on a relapse as i seem to be finally shifting this cold to my shame i have had to have a nap both days after my run Oh well old age gets us all in the end

01/08/2012 at 13:15

Afternoon all

3 miles done a lot earlier than i intended got home from work about normal time 3.30am wound down for an hour went to bed head hit the pillow my brain what there is of it went into over drive could not get off led there till 5am and gave up and went out for my run just 3 again today

Oh well at least i can sit here now this afternoon and watch the Olympics

Nessie kids can’t live with them can’t live without them what do you do with them

02/08/2012 at 16:48

Moved house about 10 days ago.  On Tuesday did my 1st run from the 'New' house.....wich meant new route NIGHTMARE! (look at a previous post to see what happend, i havnt got the time at the mo to 'Tell the storey' again)

3-4 mile tonight.....sticking to the roads!!!!

03/08/2012 at 03:46

Well my try a gentle 8 miler today as i am not feeling to bad now and the cold seems to have all but gone

Barney good luck with the new house

03/08/2012 at 10:51

Cheers toby3....

Did the 4mile last night......Pleased with the distance but not the time   i do understand thou distence is more important than time at the moment for me!!

Might try and sneak a bike ride in saturday evening, failing that its Sunday LSR for me next..

03/08/2012 at 14:27

the 8 mile not going to happen today now as i over slept so will do it tomorrow as i have the house to myself wife of to 0ndon to meet up with the daughter and my son will be working

04/08/2012 at 17:24

Afternoon all    

Well managed to finally kick myself out the door this afternoon 8 miles done and have to say it was a struggle whole run took 1:18:06 with an Avg pace of 9:33 m/m and looking back it’s a whole 2 minutes slower than i ran it a couple of weeks ago and 4 minutes slower than 4 weeks ago

Though looking closer it funny i have 2 good times then a slow run 2 good times and a slow one so in theory the next time i run that route  it  should be a good one will have to wait and see if the Patten continues

07/08/2012 at 03:32

Morning all

Well just 3 miles yesterday as i over slept the run took 26:29 with an Avg 8:44 m/m which i am really pleased with after Saturdays run if i wake up in time i my try something longer today

Am really proud of the wife she ran 7 miles yesterday that’s the furthest she ever run

08/08/2012 at 03:43

Morning all

Have a rearranged dentist appointment Friday so decided to do my LSR yesterday to get it out the way so 10 miles done yesterday not the fastest i done that course in taking 1:40:53 Avg pace of 9:31 i seem to have lost all the speed i had

Though looking back it’s about the same time i was running when training for Brighton at the same stage of the training plan so perhaps there hope yet

08/08/2012 at 14:34

4 tough miles last night...... I dont think i have ran longer than 6 mile for about a month!!  Got to do a LSR on the weekend and TBH i would be happy to do 7 ish miles then 8ish the week after.  Im still doing the GNR but this year is more for the event.......

08/08/2012 at 15:18

Barney well done on the run sounds like a good plan  i seem to have lost all the speed i had a few weeks back i think i got lazy and was doing to many run walks on the tread mill then with the week i had off due to a cold it's knocked me back like you i think i will just go for the event and atmosphere as i have 3 more H/m coming up in the following 4 weeks so plenty of chances to go for a time i may just treat it as a training run for Bristol H/M which is 2 weeks after the GNR

09/08/2012 at 17:25

toby3....  I have done this event twice before.  The 1st time i thought it was very hilly but the 2nd time (last year) i reliesed it isnt to bad and it was just my training for the 1st one was sh1te.  My training been sh1te for this one but still going for the atmosphere....ITS BRILL!!!!!!!!    (theres always next year)

Have you got your race pack?  What colour pen you in?

I got the Preston Guild HM after this......think its end of Oct.

I think your get your speed back if you miss a run or two the week leading upto GNR, treat it like a training run and a bonus if you get near the time you hope for.  For me this is honestly the 1st time im doing a HM not looking/bothered about the time i get.

10/08/2012 at 03:14

hi Barney no i haven't got my race pack yet hill training isn't a problem were i live it avoiding them i can't get to my house with out going up some from of hill or another i must admit i am looking forward to the atmosphere

10/08/2012 at 13:56

Afternoon all

Back from the dentist filling all completed so no running today as i a complete wimp will do 8 mile with wife tomorrow instead

14/08/2012 at 09:32

seven and half miles i did on sunday, legs are ok today (sore yesterday).  Im planning on doing four-four and half easy miles tonight.

Has your pack come yet toby3?  I would be getting on to them if it hasnt!

14/08/2012 at 11:17

Did 8 miles on Saturday with the O/H went OK she struggled towards the end and at that pace it will take her 3.5hrs which is worrying her a bit for the cricklade H/M but a said that as she gets more use to though distances hopefully she get quicker

an another 8 miles on Monday funny sort of weather raining at times but very muggy and humid i did start off with hat and light running jacket on but they were soon both discarded and the jacket ended up tide around my waist the whole run took 1:19:38 with an Avg pace of 9:40m/m and the 4thslowest time i done it in

Will have to come to terms with the fact the days of the sub 2 hr H/M are over not if i can help it

Barney will have to phone them as still no race pack well done on the 7 miles apparently Mo is running the GNR i let him beat me as i would'nt want to show him up (LOL)

14/08/2012 at 15:48

Think (with out looking) i did the seven half in 1hr 15min so we are about the same pace.

Dont give up on under 2hrs..... I did the Liverpool half a couple of years ago in 2hrs and somthing like 11 SECONDS, well peed me off them 11 seconds!!!  I keep meaning to break the 2hr on the GNR but so far both times its been around the 2hrs 15min mark.  TBH i would be happy with that this year BUT i want under 2hrs for the Preston Guild end of October (please).  When i say it like that 15min less it doesnt sound possible but i no with regular training and plenty of hills i can do it!

Let me no what pen your in toby.  Always good meeting fellow RW forum members

14/08/2012 at 16:10

afternoon all

well 4 miles done today no idea of the time as i forgot to turn my Garmin back on when i stop at the turn around point to stretch only no it took me 20 minutes to do the 2 miles

it was hot out there today but a nice clean heat not the muggy stuff we've been having

Barney that well possible I've run the Brighton marathon for the last 3 years the first year in 4:14:53 the second year in 4:13:28 this year i pushed the training a lot harder an came home in 4:00:28 knocking 13 minutes of the time

15/08/2012 at 11:20

chucking it down here today it's a good job i was going in the garage for a gym session

15/08/2012 at 12:04

Hi folks, the GNR is my first race of any description, training is going well and I am raring to go. My target is sub 2 hours.

21 to 40 of 73 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.