Gosport Half-Marathon

121 to 140 of 157 messages
18/11/2012 at 17:24

Well it was clearly a good day for all then as I PB'd also by over five minutes?!?!  I was after about a 84 but got 80:42 so well happy.....actually gobsmacked is more like it

Any impromptu toilet breaks then??

18/11/2012 at 18:40
I also got a pb today. 1.46 for me. Didn't find the course the most scenic one
But got spoilt with the other 3 HM I did so far (New forest , London and Salisbury.) It wad very well organised and the Marshalls and support was fantasic. The band was brilliant too and always made me smile
18/11/2012 at 19:04

This is my sixth or seventh but do i really look that old in the photos??  More to the point which b*gger said I'm 56???  I am a vet next year granted but 56 you cheeky sh*t!  

Hmmmm may have touched a nerve there me thinks.....so to steal a line from City Slickers "I hate you more.  If hate were people, I'd be China"

18/11/2012 at 19:33

Could agree more Jindalee.. This make the GSR look like a p*** up in a brewey - but then that is a much larger race. I definetely think the club runs are much better organised. Loads of praise for the marshalls with their friendly directions, and of course the weather....Need I say more!

18/11/2012 at 19:39

Hi all

i ran it years ago, pushing my boy in his  wheelchair in 1:52, it was a superb event, only reason we've not been back is that for us its an overnight stay

18/11/2012 at 21:55

fantastic event , got a pb 96mins . 

The cake at the end was just something else, worth running just for that

18/11/2012 at 22:05

Read my epic race report from my first half marathon! For those that can't be bothered, I smashed it! I finished the race in 01:53:07. I ran a little further than a half marathon as I ran wide around the corners on purpose to ensure I covered at least a half marathon distance. My half marathon time, according to Strava and my Garmin, is 01:52:53. Way faster than I expected.

The weather was amazing. The marshals were brilliant. The goody bag was tasty

http://ninjakhan.co.uk/2012/11/18/gosport-half-marathon/

18/11/2012 at 22:34
David haha that made me chuckle.

At Croydon 10K I ran too tight to the corners. This meant my distance was just shy of 10k and strava did not recognise my PB. I just wanted to avoid that.
19/11/2012 at 06:22
Thanks everyone, my first HM and it was great, 1.50 can't argue with that, everyone was friendly encouraging and great atmosphere, got the bug now, I' ll do this one again next year
19/11/2012 at 06:27
Does anyone know please where I can see any photos, do they put them online
19/11/2012 at 07:40
19/11/2012 at 07:57

Great race yesterday and the weather faeries fulfilled our order for cool, calm and sunny!

Marshals and organisation of the race was excellent

I'm doing the Chichester 10k as well next year which looks to be good too as flat, cheapish and well organised.

19/11/2012 at 09:19
Stevie G . wrote (see)

I've had to pull out...had a couple of niggles, and slightly tweaked my back into the mixer too...throw in a 90mile drive and all in all would have been foolish.

Wise words. I probably should have followed similar logic. Except being local I thought "well I'm here now and already paid and don't have another race until January, I might as well risk it".

The fruit cake in the goody bag was rather nice - my knee is not thanking me for it today though...

Well done everyone.

19/11/2012 at 10:39
19/11/2012 at 10:57

well done all! would have loved to join you all! Maybe next year

Khanivore wrote (see)
David haha that made me chuckle.

At Croydon 10K I ran too tight to the corners. This meant my distance was just shy of 10k and strava did not recognise my PB. I just wanted to avoid that.

what is Strava?!

You know when they measure courses they measure the distance on the minimum racing loine don't you?

Running extra on purpose will guarantee one thing. You come out slower

19/11/2012 at 10:58
Ballesteros wrote (see)
Stevie G . wrote (see)

I've had to pull out...had a couple of niggles, and slightly tweaked my back into the mixer too...throw in a 90mile drive and all in all would have been foolish.

Wise words. I probably should have followed similar logic. Except being local I thought "well I'm here now and already paid and don't have another race until January, I might as well risk it".

The fruit cake in the goody bag was rather nice - my knee is not thanking me for it today though...

Well done everyone.

Glad you made it through pal. I simply wouldn't have yesterday. Some things you can run through, but a tweaked back isn't one unfortunately!

Had my south coast fun for this year, Victory 5 and Great South Run are epic races. Will ideally be back for Eastleigh or Chicester next year all being well. I do envy the fast flat races you have your way!

19/11/2012 at 11:13

I am going to run the racing line on my next run. I didn't realise that is how they measure the distance /sigh.

Unfortunately my picture was not taken. Probably because I was wearing a lunious yellow top that would have damaged the camera sensor and/or the photographers eyes I was pretty hard to miss!

19/11/2012 at 17:59

I see there are some good comments on the runners world add your rating, however some woman has put that because of the water station being in cups it put ten minutes on her time!

I will be back next year

19/11/2012 at 18:01

Hahahhahahaha that's too funny.

19/11/2012 at 18:58

...well if people insist on stopping for a chat whilst supping their water, I suppose it would add a few mins (/sarc)

121 to 140 of 157 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.