Grand Union Canal Half Marathon

81 to 100 of 136 messages
02/11/2007 at 18:01

Hello - glad you've received your packs .... not long to go now! Just need to fine-tune your training and you're off!  

Sleepylion - that is a great idea, I'd love to put on a marathon.   And as you say, the logistics would be much simpler .... shame the path isn't just a couple of feet wider!

I'll make sure I carry on watching the forum  in case there are any last minute questions.  Otherwise, I am available on email or by phone.

See you there!

Claire

03/11/2007 at 11:50

Claire,

Could you give us an idea whereabouts the water stations are on the course please?  The pack just says "along the course" and that's not very helpful if you need to know if you miss a drink at 3 miles, you'll get another chance at 6 or not till 10!

Thanks

Rachael

03/11/2007 at 12:46
hiya - are we stopping at 11am for a mins silence....?
03/11/2007 at 12:59
I've got a medal to wear this year!  Bet that does some damage!
03/11/2007 at 17:26

Hi Everyone!

Anyone got any spare entries for this race? My girlfriend and a couple of her friends want to do it... Want to get a hold of 3 entries if possible...

Thanks. 

03/11/2007 at 18:17

Claire,

Could you give us an idea whereabouts the water stations are on the course please?  The pack just says "along the course" and that's not very helpful if you need to know if you miss a drink at 3 miles, you'll get another chance at 6 or not till 10!

Thanks

Rachael

03/11/2007 at 18:18
I don't know how that got posted twice!
04/11/2007 at 19:50

Hi there,

Water stations will be: at the start, 3miles, 6miles 9miles and finish. 

We will be having a one minute silence ......just before the start tho!

Claire

05/11/2007 at 10:39
I would be grateful if any one has a spare entry ?
05/11/2007 at 11:02
Thanks Claire!
05/11/2007 at 11:27

Claire Mac-i've had a slight change of plan and now need to book a place on the bus to get from the finish to the start-how is the best way to arrange this please (and is it still £5?)...many thanks-looking foward to a lovely canal-side canter!

05/11/2007 at 18:07

Hi Rug 19 - there are a couple of seats on the bus left.  Please could you send your £5 to 23 York Road, Marlow, SL7 2QB (with email address) and I will email your ticket to you as the post probably won't get it to you in time.

Glad you're looking forward to it - hope you have a good run,

Claire

05/11/2007 at 18:26
Claire, for info, I'm not using my bus ticket now.  Not bothered about a refund, just so you know you have my place to use too!
05/11/2007 at 18:31

Hi Claire-thanks for that info!

09/11/2007 at 10:04

Well it seems as if the weather forecast is quite unanimous - a possible mixture of mild and cold temperatures, sun, cloud and rain with the possibility of some gusty wind or gentle breeze...

I just hope the surge today doesn't work it's way down the canal as swimming isn't my forte.

09/11/2007 at 10:16

I will pack my wellies, just in case !      

09/11/2007 at 10:17
Good luck everyone - see you at the finish, the start or the finish again!
09/11/2007 at 14:32
Hi - my husband and I have entered this but now can't make it......I'm not sure whether anyone wants to/can take our places? Not sure how you sort out numbers etc?
09/11/2007 at 16:12

Claire Mac-sorry i've not been able to post the bus fee of you-can i pay on the day or use Rachel Reynold's place  (i can send you the money if you like Rachel?)

Are bus places transferable is basically what i'm asking

Have abandoned the cycle-to-start idea as i have to get home soon after and help my girlfriend pack some boxes as we move house on monday

Thanks! 

09/11/2007 at 16:24

Hi Rug 19,

Sorry, I was a bit slow there - of course there is no problem at all with using Rachaels bus ticket - I will amend the list to show your name, so please just turn up on the day.

For anyone else taking the bus, we will be sending the first bus off as soon as it is full.  It is the last bus that will leave at 08:45, so I would suggest you guys get there a bit earlier and beat the queues!  The buses will be in situ from approx 08:00am.

Hope you've all got your race packs - I know some haven't, due to, I think, the backlog of the postal strike.  But we will handle that and all will be fine.  If you haven't, and it doesn't come on Saturday, please could you call me so that I can prepare you another number to pick up before the start.

The weather could be anything judging by the forecast, so enjoy whatever it brings !!

Claire

81 to 100 of 136 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.