Grant & Stone Wycombe Half-Marathon

17th July 2011 - Who's in?

201 to 220 of 233 messages
18/07/2011 at 22:06

Yeah i had the same one for years as i couldn't bloody get a pic small enough!

A kind IT pal helped change one of my pics  to the right size/format, and uploaded that today..so hopefully that shows us soon, as the big black pic is annoying.

I'm sure you'll find me a rugged gem in one pic, and a bloated old looking goon in the others

I met Mick as well as Water Vole on sunday...always good to meet forumites.

I'll look out for your hanky...sorry bandana at Dorney!

18/07/2011 at 22:07
Back from cyber-stalking. I think the 2nd pic is one to be proud of.

18/07/2011 at 22:10
funnily enough, i've already cropped out the copyright, and nicked it for my fb profile pic
18/07/2011 at 22:12
I don't think I've met anyone off here but I do want to start changing that. No one around me in real life is into running so I love having a running community online, I just wan to build on that now

So you definitely in for Dorney? I might not wear the bandana to throw you off the scent!
18/07/2011 at 22:19

deffo in for Dorney. It's good to meet some of the online people...especially if you spend ages on about running to them!

I could recommend you joining the middle ground thread over on the training tab...lots of good people tgere, for advice, training talk, and wide range of abilities.

Means you have a thread to continue all year round, rather than these race specific threads, that people stop reading a bit after the race!

for now i must sleep..but we'll chat soon!

18/07/2011 at 22:45
Cheers to the marshals for making yesterday so great. Loved it and can't wait till next year
19/07/2011 at 09:59
k8greene wrote (see)
If it's gun to finish was the 'chip' in our number really worth it? I'm guessing the only benefit is that it saves the organisers recording times.

That's exactly what it's for. The swipe matches your race number to the recorded time on the line, thus cutting out room for errors on the recorded gun times and making for much faster publication of the results and prize placings.  Not chip timing, but just an accurate and more error free version of gun timing.

Just tried to change my avatar. Must be some delay before RW upload it?

19/07/2011 at 10:24

funny you should say that Busboy...as Ive literally just changed mine. Went through quite quickly, did it after 6 last night, and approved by about 9.30 today!

19/07/2011 at 10:27

There normally is a few days delay before your new avatar appears. They have to 'vet' them to make sure no-one is uploading naughty pics. As if anyone using this site would do that!

19/07/2011 at 10:29
I see Stevie's slipped through the quality control net
19/07/2011 at 10:35

happy with that pic. Look like some kind of rugged action hero saving humanity.

rather than the skinny weasel i am in the flesh

19/07/2011 at 10:50

I was only joking

For a 'action shot' it's a pretty darn good one. Did you stop & pose for it?

19/07/2011 at 10:59

normally my pics work to a strict rule of thefurther into the race it is the more horrendous the pic. for a finish line pic..not too bad!

was going to whack up a really posed for pic...blowing a kiss to the camera at some random XC, but it was 2006, and a copyright pic..so best not!

Edited: 19/07/2011 at 11:06
19/07/2011 at 11:42

Does anyone from Handy Cross Runners read this thread? If so, I'd be grateful if they could let us know when the Fun Run results get posted. Last year it took so long we forgot about it. Been trying to inspire my 10 yr old who seems to have done well on Sunday but still waiting for the actual results...

I appreciate the fact that these guys have day jobs and have quite a lot to sort out post-race....

19/07/2011 at 11:53

Sleepy, i'd go on the handy cross runners site, and email a couple of the contacts if I were you.

I've never seen the fun run results printed anywhere...though to be fair i've never looked!

19/07/2011 at 12:06
I take it the Fun Run photos are up as for my race number I seem to have photos of me and some girl
19/07/2011 at 12:20

You mean don't cross dress Loz & that is in fact a totally different person?

19/07/2011 at 12:40

Well no not on Sundays K8.  Still I had to look twice as she was wearing the same colours as me.

Which reminds me did anyone see the guy dressed up as the devil at the start of the race? 

19/07/2011 at 12:52

Yeah I saw the devil dude. Way before the start of the race though when I was in my car. It did cross my mind would he regret his wardrobe choice later on, I'm guessing he did the half marathon?

Anyone able to post a pic of their HM medal?

19/07/2011 at 13:11

The devil's been there for a number of years now. I've told my kids its the same guy who stalks the Tour de France, but they've begun to ask how he can be in France and Wycombe at the same time!

201 to 220 of 233 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.