Great Edinburgh Run 2011 - Google Earth

21 to 28 of 28 messages
04/10/2011 at 12:58
Princess and Cormorant...if you google strathaven stridors www.strathavenstriders.co.uk and look for The run with the wind 10k.It does get booked up quite quick though........you may be lucky.....think its £15...you get bussed to the start which is at a wind farm and then you run all the way back down into the town.I managed last years race in 51.12.....I found out about this race from someone at my husbands work who is in a running club.....you can also have soup and sandwhiches afterwards.Princess -it can be difficult fitting training in around family stuff...you never know this time next year you might want a different challenge LOL...Well done on your 1st race......and only after 4 months running.Cormorant......yeah this years organisation at the end of the marathon was a shambles but the support around the course is superb..I had decided that this year was going to be my last but well you see I do just love that day and the acheivement you feel.They have changed the finish for this year so should be better.I am using the half in April as part of my training as it should give me a good indication of what time to expect in May.....let me know if you manage to get into Run with the Wind....
04/10/2011 at 13:02
Just had look guys and it says its full but you can put your name on the waiting list.
04/10/2011 at 13:11
Also Princess......Do you know about Parkruns.....think the Glasgow one is in Pollock park....they are 5k timed runs that happen every Saturday morning and are free....I try and go to mine most Saturdays......Cormorant ...do you go to them ?
04/10/2011 at 13:16
Yes, I went to one (Crammond) not long after I started. I really enjoyed it and the experience of running with others was very useful. I take my son to gymastics on a Sat morning so haven't been for a while, but I'll go at half term and xmas. I'm really interested to see if my time has improved.
04/10/2011 at 13:36
yeh ive just checked the 'Run With The Wind' is full as Cormorant says...not to worry...that would have been good tho! I know of the Parkruns FrannyT but like Cormorant I have commitments on a Saturday morning with the Children but will maybe try go on the holiday breaks! Thanks for the info tho, thats all been very useful!  Was good to see the photos/video up today from Sunday....
04/10/2011 at 13:40

I enjoyed the photos too. Never seen myself in action before. The video was especially good as I had a wee bit left in the tank and massively went for it for the last 50m or so! I'll probably buy one of them, and finally update my profile picture.

04/10/2011 at 13:48
Haha! Yeh its not the kind of photos you randomly go about taking is it....!  The video was great...made me laugh as I collapsed into the barrier after the finishing line, just with sheer relief I think...I actually tried to update my profile picture but I think the resolution or something was too large, so gave up trying!
04/10/2011 at 20:00

Grrrrrr I didn't get papped on the way round.........maybe I was too much like lightening.Ha Ha

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.