Great North Run 2009

2008 is over, who's up for doing it all again?

81 to 100 of 20,953 messages
06/10/2008 at 10:49
well done flabby
06/10/2008 at 10:54

I'm impressed with how many people aren't feeling too sore or stiff this morning ... I feel like I've been beaten up!  .

I thought I'd feel better as well, as my friend and I seemed to have walked from one end of Shields to the other yesterday in our mammoth quest to get home. 

mr sj wrote (see)

lol shielsey, didnt know where you were going with the banana peel story at first

ROLF - that's made me really chuckle!  (I was going to say 'that really tickled me', but thought it best to re-phrase )
06/10/2008 at 10:55
On train to Glasgow. Well done Flabby. Amazing time whatever! Sorry you are feeling so grim Shielsy. Great time considering. Well done RTG!no smilies to do celebrating smilie!
06/10/2008 at 10:57
shielsy take it you feel poo! If it makes youfeel better I crashed on my mountain bike yesterday and trashed my body
06/10/2008 at 10:57
If its any consolation Shielsy i feel like i have been deadlegged constantly for the last 12 hours. Also feels like someone is holding a blow torch under the soles of my feet.
06/10/2008 at 10:59

I will definitely be back next year. Ran it last year for my running club but put too much pressure on myself to run a good time...this year was for charity and I ran with my father in law and had great fun, came in at 1hr 56.

Not aching too much today as I didn't really get a chance to step into a decent pace yesterday!

06/10/2008 at 11:01
A couple of people have mentioned the emotional impact of Abide With Me. Couldn't agree more. They were playing it as I arrived to watch the start and I think it was then that I decided to do the run again next year if possible. The music together with the sight of all the tens of thousands of runners gathering there in the sunshine was pretty overwhelming.
06/10/2008 at 11:06
Graham L wrote (see)
A couple of people have mentioned the emotional impact of Abide With Me. Couldn't agree more. They were playing it as I arrived to watch the start and I think it was then that I decided to do the run again next year if possible. The music together with the sight of all the tens of thousands of runners gathering there in the sunshine was pretty overwhelming.

Graham, I know what you mean ... on my first GNR they played it and I wasn't expecting it and the impact of it really hit me and made me choke up - I'd love to know which version of it they use, as it's lovely.

Graham L wrote (see)

Parmo wrote (see)
shielsy take it you feel poo! If it makes youfeel better I crashed on my mountain bike yesterday and trashed my body

Oh dear Parmo - are you ok?

Thanks BBSloth  .

Can't wait to check out all the race photos. 

06/10/2008 at 11:13
shielsy I'm fine. That's what paracetmol and ibruprofen were invented for. Running tonight regardless as my plan for world domination continues
06/10/2008 at 11:13

All the people that came to see me run were stuck on the Metro and never saw any part of the race so really hoping that i figure in one photo at least

06/10/2008 at 11:18
Blow torch under foot and dead legged is the perfect description for me too Stuart. You are not alone Shielsy! Also have quite a bad headache and sore eyes. What's all that about?
Have had email from my second to say she came 2nd in the firm and I came 3rd. A young 22 year old came in 1 40 something but she is a super athlete who ran San Diego marathon last year in 3 20 or something daft and was nearly a tennis pro. We didn't even know she was doing it.
Have to say I revised my opinion about ipod runners yesterday. So many just bounced in front of me and then when the ambulance came they weren't moving over and had to be physically pushed to one side by some of the other runners. I didn't have the strength myself.
06/10/2008 at 11:20
Should be secretary not second!!!no edit button on crackberry.
06/10/2008 at 11:24
The top of my thighs problem is the same problem I had after FLM 2005 if I remember.I went to physio who said it was due to not using m backside muscles enough when running. Does that make sense?
06/10/2008 at 11:27

So, in other words, you have to get your arse into gear !

06/10/2008 at 11:31

hi all, sore knees and thighs other wise bouncing today wiv me t shirt on!!!

well done all

lee

06/10/2008 at 11:34

Nice one, commando

and good to see you at the start yesterday, hope we'll see you again sometime

06/10/2008 at 11:34
Well we know that one XL. The soreness in the thighs is kind of satisfying I have to say but it knacks.
06/10/2008 at 11:36
Have we heard from James Vixx RLTW Mandie or Ros yet?
06/10/2008 at 11:37
Well, I let Vicki start teh thread, but I'm having the first ...
06/10/2008 at 11:37
81 to 100 of 20,953 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.