Great North Run 2014

Oggy oggy oggy, oi oi oi !!

501 to 504 of 504 messages
09/03/2014 at 01:24

6 months to go folks - Can't wait

09/03/2014 at 17:59

Well first post in these forums and I was lucky enough to get a place in the GNR.  It's my first time running it and will be my first event.  So far have managed 10k on the road and seem to be progressing nicely.  

Can anyone give advice on race day logistics?  My missus will be dropping me off at the start and i'd like her to be there at the end to see my finish and pick me up... what's the best way for her to get to the finish line?  Through the tyne tunnel?

13/03/2014 at 13:09

SAM82 - use the Metro system. It is far easier and unless you're Mo Farrah quick, your wife should be able to see the start, jump on a Metro to South Shields and walk to the end to see you finish.

Yesterday at 19:03

Goodness me, over a month without a post on here. What's happened? Is there a new thread that I've missed somehow? 

Anyone running the NT10k tomorrow? I'm not doing it this year, with it being just a week after the marathon. It seems wrong somehow. It's just what I normally do on Easter Sunday!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
501 to 504 of 504 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.