Great North Run 2014

Oggy oggy oggy, oi oi oi !!

561 to 569 of 569 messages
23/07/2014 at 12:19

Speedy - I've just sent you a PM

23/07/2014 at 21:59

I'd be interested in hearing the answer to Speedy's question...

24/07/2014 at 21:48
Thanks Stephen
25/07/2014 at 13:31

Well I'm still injured - utter bollox - going to be really touch and go now if I can make it, no chance of racing it but would like to be in reasonable shape to at least do the miles and enjoy the experience - hoping my Marathon fitness will still be there somewhere even although I have put on about half a stone! I've done around 10 (sore) miles in the last 4 weeks! I have started doing some cross training though as my moobs are starting to reappear too

Dave, you can defer until next year and you will get a guaranteed place but you have to pay again, I've already checked it, it's on the website t & cs. somewehere. Not checked if I can cancel my hotel yet though and lose the £200 I paid upfront  If I'm still buggered I might just go down and try and enjoy it anyway!

Anyway, hopefully everyone else is doing well, Alibally - I'm very jealous, good luck to you and stay injury free!

27/07/2014 at 19:33

Sub329 - fingers crossed for you re injury. Still time to recover sufficiently for a quiet trundle round I reckon. My weekend featured no running at all - we made our annual pilgrimage to The Wickerman Festival so my cross training basically consisted of lots of shameless dancing/jumping around/ clapping/waving my arms in the air. Had planned a run today when we got back but totally partied out and somewhat limp ( Note to self: must start acting my age soon). Training plan resumes tomorrow!!

28/07/2014 at 09:48

Sub329 - still time yet, if you were marathon fit a month or so ago, you will not have lost that much fitness. fingers crossed.

28/07/2014 at 21:22
Thanks Sub329. I can't find anything to say I can defer. Could you point me in the right direction. I don't mind paying again to know I have an entry if that's what I decide to do. I still have to think if my knees would hold out now that I have been diagnosed with arthritis.

Rich I got your mail and replied.
Yesterday at 11:45

Speedy.G - I think you can defer, but lose your entry fee - unless it is for medical reasons, in which case I think you do not lose your entry fee. Here's the link on the website:

http://www.greatrun.org/Helpdesk/Question.aspx?id=53

Today at 09:49
Thank you Stephen

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
561 to 569 of 569 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.