Great Yorkshire Run - 9/9/07

10K Sheffield City Centre

5 messages
GB1
27/05/2007 at 21:06
Saw this advertised in the local evening paper and went on the Great Run website for more details and was gobsmacked at the £22 entry fee. Is it me or is this just a little extortionate? No, I won't be entering, I'll go up to the Wetherby 10K instead, and it's only £8...
GB1
31/05/2007 at 06:16
No comments? OK - by comparison, the Lincs Wolds 10 Miler on 8/9/07 offers a sweat shirt + free buffet for a fiver...
31/05/2007 at 11:19
Jeeez, £22 for a 10K? That is ridiculous, me and (future) brother-in-law had planned on entering this but i doubt it for that price.

Why would it be so expensive?
31/05/2007 at 11:23
As the event has no history, as it were, it is even worse to charge this much. Im not saying its right but the gnr gets away with charging over the odds especially given the history of the event. As I say not right but thats the way it is.

Im doing the Yorkshireman off-road half that day. £10. Club cross countries with free food £2. Most ten k's Ive done between £5 and £8.
31/05/2007 at 11:24
Oh and if all races were £22 I would not be able to afford to take part in any races.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.