great yorkshire run 2011

where to stay

2 messages
21/03/2011 at 12:33

Hi.

I've signed up for the Great Yorkshire Run in Sheffield in October and will need to stay overnight.

I can't decide if I should to stay in the city or outside.  I don't want to find I can't get away on the Sunday because of road closures.

Can anyone please advise if it is better to stay out of town - Near Meadowhall - and go in on the tram on race day or  is being in the centre not a problem?

Info greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

21/03/2011 at 14:25

Heather, I assume you mean the Great Run 10K Sunday 9 October.  I've done this for the last 2 years, its a good out and back race but  beware the hill at the end though. 

I've always stayed at the travelodge (cheap and cheerful) which is central and does have a good car park behind it too with just a short walk (up that hill) to the start.

K.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.