Greater Manchester Marathon - UK's Flattest Marathon 2014

Whos in - whats your goal

1,861 to 1,862 of 1,862 messages
22/05/2014 at 09:05

Thanks cake. I see the FA cup semi finals are scheduled for the weekend of 18/19th April 2015 which would usually take place at Wembley so that could be a possible weekend for Manchester marathon. The 5th is Easter Sunday, really hope they run it then as off work on Easter Monday!!

22/05/2014 at 14:14

Hi just popped in to tell you about the White Peak, thanks to Matlock AC, the rugby club and volunteers. What a good day out until the 20 mile cliff edge of course. A pretty warm day, fantastic scenery only 180 ish finishers, good value with a mug/goody bag and coach ride to the start. The first half gently uphill, some great views oft hills, pretty flattish for quite a way, my legs started to seize up after the 19.5 mile water station but there's two long fairly steep downhill bits, what a wheeze, then it was like a scene out of a zombie, day of the living dead movie walking/shuffling along the canal even the 0.2 miles seemed hard but finished in 4.31 then a good feeling, I'd done it. Three days later I'd like to do it again well recommended a hidden gem. There seemed a good mix of marathoners from virgins to old hands, a good start for anyone tired of the flat tarmac.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1,861 to 1,862 of 1,862 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.