Grim 8 2007

I think I've finally lost it!

4 messages
08/09/2007 at 14:37

Okay, thought this looked like a complete scream so have entered online on a whim (website www.grimchallenge.co.uk).

I do much of my running off road and through wooded areas and enjoy it immensely....but will this be enough to prepare me for this race?  I've never done anything like it before but am truly looking forward to getting wet and muddy!

Any advice regarding training, preparation, gear, what the course is like etc... would be very much appreciated.

09/09/2007 at 12:20

you'll get wet and sandy rather than wet and muddy. It's fun. It's only grim if you've not got the miles in your legs. But it is fun, and it's friendly. Oh and the t-shirts are always cool.

enjoy it - your non-running mates won't know that it's not as scary as the name suggests.

09/09/2007 at 12:51

Thanks JJ! I was beginning to worry that nobody dare let me know what I'd let myself in for!

I really looking forward to it!

09/09/2007 at 15:41

If you can keep going for 1.5 to 2 hours and don't mind hills or getting wet, it's fab.

)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.